Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does the driver roll the sanity when passing through a shogoth? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beck Olson
msg tools
Just played our first game, thought it was tons of fun! One question came up that could have been the difference between victory and defeat. If the driver moves through a space with a shogoth but doesn't stop do they roll the sanity die??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. Yes that player would need to roll for sanity. Anytime you share a space with a shoggoth, even if you or the shoggoth are just passing through, you must roll the sanity die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beck Olson
msg tools
Thanks for the fast reply... and for making an awesome game! I played with a crew of Pandemic veterans and we felt that the game really captured the core fun of the Pandemic games but yet has plenty of variation in the mechanics to stand on its own. Great work to all involved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kinds words. It was a blast making this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say "driver" do you mean while using the bus ?

For instance if I take the bus to go to the Old Mill but there's a shoggoth at the Church (what ? shoggoths can be believers too you know ), and therefore I cannot find another way around, then I must go through it and roll the sanity die ? (yeah, ok... they more probably want to eat believers)

Seems kinda weird from the rules : Taking the bus says "move to any location", and sanity die is rolled when we "share the space with a shoggoth". I imagined moving directly to my destination, without being in the spaces between...

Sorry for making you repeat yourself blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woops, I wasn't aware of this character : the driver.

Allright, let's pretend I didn't say anything, OK ? blush

Three games so far, all lost to the cultists (although one was almost lost to Cthulhu itself, and one was at the same time lost to all investigators being insane). Is it me or this one's harder than the "standard" pandemic ? devil

[EDIT] I forgot to remove cultists from locations of the same town where I closed gates... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.