Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is cleared up some where.
Rule (c2014) 4.0 Setup stipulates "the British can place 3 PC markers within all restrictions for British marker placement (10.11.B) in any colony."

Then the Playbook (also c2014) part I. Setup, sets up only 2PCs (in Fort Niagara and Ticonderoga, NY). Also, the back page of same states under _For the King_ "...can place 3 PC markers ...", but in the visual map representation has a box titled "King's Men" with "x2."

Is there errata for this (at least the back page of the Playbook is in error), or is there some unilluminated reason why only 2 FtK PCs are placed instead of three in the Playbook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

First, the 2014 Rulebook takes precedence over any playbook.

Second, where did you find a 2014 version of the Playbook? I just checked the only Playbook available on the GMT site, and it's still the old 2009 version. (See last paragraph).

From Here: http://www.gmtgames.com/p-472-washingtons-war-reprint-editio...

Bottom Line: The (2009) Playbook is outdated. The 2014 Rulebook is the authoritative source in this case.

Lastly, there's no errata for that old wording in the Playbook, that I'm aware of. The most recent errata I can find is from 2011.

So again, please link to the 2014 Playbook. Now I'm intrigued! It could be that the latest printing comes with a new version of the Playbook. If that be the case, GMT hasn't updated the Playbook version on their site. And also, if that be the case, the Rulebook is still the authoritative source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about versions, but they have errattaed the King's Men up to three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Brad, That's good to hear, and should answer Eddy's question! Where did you find the new errata? (Which errata'd the wording in the [2014?] Playbook).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Herman made a post to that effect. Check the forum posts.

Here's the post, from 2015: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/18760832#18760832

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah, OK, I see what you're talking about now. But I think there's some mild confusion.

That post, by Mark, which you linked to directly above, was an errata. But it's not anymore.

It has since been formally incorporated into the most recent rulebook (2014 ed). You can find the new rulebook at the GMT link that I posted above (look for: "2014 Reprint Edition Rulebook"). In it, you'll see the change that Mark talked about, on page 5. So it's no longer an errata (just to be pedantic).

The OP's point is that, while he sees the revised "For the King's Men" setup instructions in the [new] Rulebook, he sees the old instructions in the Playbook. But he claims the Playbook is also dated 2014, hence his confusion. I think he's just wanting to clear-up the discrepancy.

But I wonder if the Playbook he's referring to is actually a 2014 version? I wonder, only because I can't find the 2014 version anywhere online. (The only Playbook I see online is also on that same GMT page, but it's the original Playbook from 2009 so of course it will reflect the old rule).

So if there is a 2014 version of the Playbook, then I bet it was printed and put in the boxes with the latest print run, but GMT never bothered to update the version on their web page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game one month ago. The Playbook contains on every page in the footer (except the front* cover): "c2009, 2014 GMT GAMES, LLC"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

edelrio wrote:
I got the game one month ago. The Playbook contains on every page in the footer (except the front* cover): "c2009, 2014 GMT GAMES, LLC"

Well, that clears that up. So as the only Playbook available on GMT's website (that I linked to in my top post above) is c2009 (and 2009, only), then GMT obviously hasn't put the new version online.

Regardless, the rule as written in the 2014 Rulebook is the correct rule. I can't speak to why the Playbook hasn't been errata'd yet. Or if it has been, then I don't know where to find the new errata document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.