Kenneth Spond
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
After adding a +1 glory to a build site, would you immediately gain that 1 glory if you have a structure built there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
It essentially makes buildings on that site worth 2 Glory instead of 1. If you build a building on that site yo gain 2 Glory and if you lose that same building later, you lose the 2 Glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This appears to be a mechanism that isn't described in the rule book, and should be put in spoiler tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
I take it people don't read the post title that states [SPOILERS]?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krspond wrote:
After adding a +1 glory to a build site, would you immediately gain that 1 glory if you have a structure built there?

Yes, we think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krspond wrote:

Thanks!

What, precisely, is spoiled by this question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:

The fact that there are events in the Captain's Booke that add +1 Glory stickers on build sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Bridger wrote:

The fact that there are events in the Captain's Booke that add +1 Glory stickers on build sites.

Anyone with a brain could speculate that the game will add glory or gold or something to the various pieces of your board. That's not a spoiler. Knowing it exists doesn't lower any enjoyment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
That's not a spoiler. Knowing it exists doesn't lower any enjoyment.

The question conveys information about what's in the Captain's Booke. Therefore it's a spoiler. Obviously, no one can force you to treat other players with respect, or honor what they prefer. But it is what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spond
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry! Thanks for the heads up. I actually don't use the forums often and I don't know anything about spoiler tags. Can you provide a link or instructions regarding their usage? Please and thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spond
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Rob replied in a direct message confirming that the +1 glory is immediately added if a structure is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krspond wrote:
Sorry! Thanks for the heads up. I actually don't use the forums often and I don't know anything about spoiler tags. Can you provide a link or instructions regarding their usage? Please and thank you!

When you compose a posting on BGG one of the buttons says "SP" and this encloses the selected text in a region that makes it invisible until someone clicks on it. This has the effect that people who subscribe to various threads and forums can decide when the posting pops up whether they want to read it, or not. Just putting [SPOILERS] in the title doesn't have the same effect, because lots of people are subscribing, rather than making a decision to click through to the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Bridger wrote:
That's not a spoiler. Knowing it exists doesn't lower any enjoyment.

The question conveys information about what's in the Captain's Booke. Therefore it's a spoiler. Obviously, no one can force you to treat other players with respect, or honor what they prefer. But it is what it is.

So attacking someone's character because they voiced their opinion is a sign of respect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Krspond wrote:

Thanks!

Sorry for delay. Yes, immediately added if a structure is already there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Spond
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Krspond wrote:

When you compose a posting on BGG one of the buttons says "SP" and this encloses the selected text in a region that makes it invisible until someone clicks on it. This has the effect that people who subscribe to various threads and forums can decide when the posting pops up whether they want to read it, or not. Just putting [SPOILERS] in the title doesn't have the same effect, because lots of people are subscribing, rather than making a decision to click through to the thread.

Thanks! Edited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Baksh
Canada
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, all five of us assumed the opposite and didn't give that player the glory. It didn't affect the outcome of that game, but did affect the starting bonus of one player in the next game (which was being played just as the answer was being posted in this thread).

More unfortunately, I was that player and would likely have made the difference between me winning or losing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.