Subject: Custom Hero: Mega Man! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, now that Mega Man's deck has been revamped he's getting a completely new thread! (Because the old thread has all the commentary for Dr. Wily. See that deck if you want to be able to beat Robot Masters and use their weapons!) Thanks go out to TobiasStauhf, VIsForYoshi and Bart_KF for helping me with major changes to this deck.

Mega Man

HP:

Power: Arm Cannon
Mega Man deals up to three targets 1 projectile damage each.

Mega Man can have three shots on screen at once, so he gets a toned-down Squall for his base power.

Incap Powers:
- One player may play a card.
- One player may use a power.
- One hero deals one target 1 damage of any type.

Variant: Mega Man- Super Fighting Robot

HP:

Power: Now I've Got Your Power!
Shuffle the villain trash and reveal cards until a one-shot is revealed. Put it into play. Treat the villain's name as "Mega Man" and switch "hero" with "villain" and "Device" with "Equipment". Return all revealed cards to the villain trash.

This is an homage to the bad 90's Mega Man cartoon. It's a variant instead of a One-Shot now because I like this ability!

Incap Powers:
- One player may use a power.
- Destroy one ongoing card.
- Select a target. Reduce damage dealt by that target by 1 until the start of your turn.

(4) Get Equipped With... (Ongoing, Limited): Play this card next to a non-character villain card. Treat this card as if it had the game text of the card next to it, except text that makes the card indestructible. Treat the villain's name as "Mega Man" and switch "hero" with "villain" and "Device" with "Equipment". "The hero" refers to Mega Man. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Similar to Now I've Got Your Power!, this works on ongoings, targets and other. Note the card itself will be dealing the damage, and "the hero" is meant for things like "the hero turn", "the hero deck", etc.

(4) Mega Slide (Ongoing, Limited): The next time Mega Man would be dealt 3 or more damage from a single source, you may prevent that damage. If you do, destroy this card.

A crap Synaptic Interruption.

(3) Eddie Call (One-Shot): Reveal cards from the top of your deck until 3 Item or Equipment cards are revealed. Put one in your hand, one in the trash, and one into play. Shuffle the other revealed cards into your deck.

Originally, this card only searched for Items, and it was so good, I had to add Equipment in just to tone it down some. It's still a great card.

(3) Beat (Robo-Bird, 5 HP): Whenever Mega Man would be dealt damage, redirect it to this card.

Basically Decoy Projection.

(4) Life Pellet (One-Shot, Item): One hero target regains 2 HP.

Some Items are one-shots, some stick around, but all have helpful abilities.

Yashichi (One-Shot, Item): Search your trash for an Equipment card and put it into play. Mega Man regains 1 HP for each of your Equipment cards currently in play.

This is a "full recover" item from the original game. I like the way I've implemented it here; it's the only way you can directly play Equipment from the trash.

S-Tank (One-Shot, Item): Each hero regains 2 HP. Each player may take an ongoing or equipment card from their trash and place it in their hand.

(4) W-Tank (One-Shot, Item): Search either your deck for an equipment card or your trash for up to two equipment cards and put them in your hand. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

He's got a lot of Equipment searching capability, and this is one of his better methods for getting set up.

(2) E-Tank (Equipment, Item, Limited): Power: Mega Man regains 4 HP. You may draw up to 2 cards. Destroy this card.

The E-Tank is a full health refill. We can't very well have that, so instead, you get a bunch of HP and some cards. Mega Man has great staying power, and it's thanks to cards like this.

(2) 1-Up (Ongoing, Item, Limited): When a hero would be dealt damage that reduces them to 0 HP or fewer, prevent that damage and you may play an Item from your hand. Then destroy this card.

More wide-ranging than Aegis of Resurrection, but the Item play makes it more variable, too; sometimes you can heal someone for 2, sometimes more, sometimes you won't have anything to play!

(2) Energy Balancer (Equipment, Item, Limited): Whenever a non-hero effect causes you to discard any number of cards, you may draw a card.

I love this card dearly and have stolen its effects for use in other decks.

Mega Buster (Equipment, Limited): Power: Mega Man deals one target 3 energy damage. If that target was destroyed, you may repeat the text of this power, reducing the damage dealt by 1, then return this card to your hand.

Another signature card. I've changed Mega Buster more times than I'd like to count. The way it works now makes it a steady damage-dealer, with the prospect of taking out a bunch of small targets at the cost of having to "charge" it back up by playing it next round.

(2) Super Arrow (Equipment): Power: Mega Man deals one target 2 projectile damage. You may destroy a villain ongoing card. If you do, destroy this card.

This is better than Arm Cannon if you've only got one target to worry about. The ongoing destruction is important, but comes at a cost. Not like Mega can't get it back eventually, anyway.

Mega Ball (Equipment): Power: Mega Man deals up to X targets 2 projectile damage each, where X = the number of environment cards in play. Destroy an environment card.

Solid environment destruction was once the domain of Super Arrow, but far too useful. Now, you benefit from environment cards being out -- this can be a significant upgrade to Arm Cannon! -- at the cost of diminishing returns. Not to mention, you won't always want to use it, that destruction isn't optional!

(2) Rush Coil (Equipment, Rush, Limited): When this card enters play, return any other Rush cards in play to your hand. You may use an extra power during your power phase. Power: Search your deck for an Equipment card and place it in your hand. Shuffle your deck.

Rush has come a long way. Right now, these work like Bunker's Mode cards. Of course, they may be too much more better (???) than Mode cards, so some tweaking might be in order. Rush Coil gives you a basic power so you'll always have two to use.

(2) Rush Jet (Equipment, Rush, Limited): When this card enters play, return any other Rush cards in play to your hand. You may play an extra Item during your play phase.

(2) Rush Marine (Equipment, Rush, Limited): When this card enters play, return any other Rush cards in play to your hand. You may draw an extra card during your draw phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
As I said above, "Now I've Got Your Power!" (did anyone else watch the show? That's where the title comes from, it you were wondering) is a potentially game-breaking, potentially hero-destroying card with a really out-there concept and really poor wording. The idea is that you randomly use a villain One-Shot with Mega Man in place of the villain, affecting villain cards instead of hero cards and vice versa. Sometimes this means helping the villain. Sometimes it means a HUGE help to Mega Man or the other heroes. It's random instead of choosable or even "most recently used" because you'll want to think long and hard about what's in the villain trash before you use it.

This guide is meant to show how it's supposed to work; the correctness of the card's text should be evaluated from these effects and not the other way around. I've listed each villain and each of their One-Shots with the desired effects, followed by a rating of how good an idea it is to use this card (when there's a whole bunch of one-shots in the trash; obviously if there's only one, you'll know what you're getting into).

Sidenote: I've considered making "Mega Man: The Fighting Robot" a possible variant with this card's effect as his power, and removing it as a card to make way for, well, whatever.

NOW I'VE GOT YOUR POWER: A GUIDE (pre-Oblivaeon edition)

Akash'Bhuta
Disrupt the Field:
Destroy all Environment cards. Play the top card of your deck. Play the top card of the environment deck.
Earth's Sacrifice: Destroy (H) Villain ongoing cards. Discard as many cards from the top of the Environment deck as cards destroyed by this card.
Primeval Eruption: Discard your deck. Play the top card of your deck.
Rejuvenating Entropy: Destroy (H) Device cards. Restore all Environment targets and Primeval Limbs to their max HP.
Mixed. Earth's Sacrifice will get rid of her few Ongoings, but Disrupt the Field's card play comes at a cost of potential synergy with Akash's abilities. Rejuvenating Entropy is a bad play.

Ambuscade
Armed and Dangerous:
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until an Equipment card is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the other revealed cards into your deck. Play the top card of your deck.
Quick Stim-Patch: Mega Man regains (H) HP. Shuffle your trash into your deck. Play the top card of your deck.
Run and Gun: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 2 projectile damage. Shuffle your trash into your deck. Play the top card of your deck.
Snatch and Grab: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP (H) minus 2 melee damage and (H) minus 1 energy damage.
Vanish: Discard your deck.
Very Beneficial. Mega Man will either beat the snot out of Ambuscade with his own powers or heal up and beat the snot out of him regularly. And for the record, given all of Mega Man's search capability, he really doesn't mind having his whole deck in the trash during his power phase.

Apostate
Fallen Angel:
Mega Man deals each Villain target (H) minus 1 infernal damage. Each Hero Relic regains (H) plus 1 HP.
Profane Summons: Shuffle your trash into your deck.
Remorseless Provocation: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 infernal damage. Play the top card of your deck.
Beneficial. At the very least, you've got two ways to deal Apostate lots of infernal damage. The secondary effect of Fallen Angel could even be useful if you're in the Realm of Chaos! I mean, it could happen!

Baron Blade
Consider the Price of Victory!:
Discard the top card of the Villain deck. Mega Man deals each Villain target 2 sonic damage. Discard the top card of your deck.
Devious Disruption: Destroy any Villain Device or Ongoing cards. Mega Man deals each Villain target 3 lightning damage.
Flesh-Repair Nanites: Mega Man regains 10 HP.
Hasten Doom: Mega Man deals each Villain target 2 toxic damage. Play the top card of your deck.
Slash and Burn: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP (H) melee damage. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP (H) plus 2 fire damage.
Beneficial. CtPoV should make you think twice about using NIGYP, but everything else is really great to turn on him. Devious Disruption is turned into a board-clear for Blade to mitigate its effect somewhat. I mean, you could leave his Devices and Ongoings in play, but since they prevent damage, redirect damage, retaliate and reduce damage, it probably isn't worth the extra damage dealing.

La Capitan
All Together Now!:
Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP X lightning damage, where X = the number of Crew cards in play plus 1. If La Paradoja Magnifica is in the trash, put it into play.
Walk the Plank: Mega Man deals La Capitan 3 projectile damage.
A Motley Crew: Shuffle your trash. Play the top card of your deck.
Plunder: Destroy X Villain Ongoing cards, where X = the number of Crew cards in play plus 1. Each Hero target regains 2 HP.
Raiding Party: Discard your deck. Destroy a Villain Ongoing card.
Temporal Thief: Put the top card of the Villain deck under Mega Man's hero card. Mega Man deals each Villain target 1 psychic damage.
Mostly Beneficial. With Visionary using Suggestion, you could completely break La Capitan via Temporal Thief. Plunder is an extremely good play as well. Since Villains don't use powers per se, Walk the Plank is just a one-shot damage-dealer. All Together Now is going to require careful damage dealing to keep maximum effectiveness, and you'll have to watch out for that boat. At least there's a lot of Ongoing destruction potential.

The Chairman
Rook City Is Mine!:
Play the top 2 cards of the Environment deck.
Perfect Human Specimens: Mega Man regains (H) plus 1 HP. If The Operative is active, she regains (H) plus 1 HP.
Prison Break: No effect.
Undivided Attention: If The Operative is active, she deals the Villain with the highest HP 4 melee damage. Mega Man deals the Villain with the highest HP 3 melee damage.
Detrimental. Undivided Attention is almost worth playing, since the Operative will either smack herself or hit the Chairman and take recoil damage. Except that Mega Man will likely do the same and take recoil damage himself. Perfect Human Specimens is a big tradeoff; it and Prison Break demonstrate exactly how this card is intended to work. Rook City Is Mine is probably not worth playing.

Chokepoint
Empowered Self-Repair:
Mega Man regains 5 HP. Mega Man deals the non-hero target with the lowest HP 5 energy damage. If that target is destroyed, Mega Man regains 10 more HP.
Harvest the Mighty: Mega Man deals Chokepoint 4 energy damage. Select 1 non-character card from the villain's play area. Put it face down in your play area.
Ireful Grasp: Mega Man deals Chokepoint 3 psychic damage.
Material Upheaval: Mega Man deals each non-hero target 2 projectile damage. Then Mega Man deals each non-hero target 2 melee damage.
Newfound Power: Reveal the top card of your deck. Place 1 Villain card that shares a keyword with the revealed card face down in your play area. Then put the revealed card into play.
Stripped Resources: Destroy all environment cards. Put any targets destroyed this way face-down in your play area.
Beneficial. Since Mega Man has no rules for dealing with face-down cards, you can steal a lot of stuff from her and the environment permanently. If you're playing with Santa Guise, you can even steal back hero cards and give your teammates their benefit on Guise's turn! (You likely won't want to do this after Newfound Power or Stripped Resources, however.) Chokepoint's lack of Device cards reduces the effectiveness of Ireful Grasp and Material Upheaval somewhat (or does it?), but just look at how great Empowered Self-Repair becomes.

Citizen Dawn
Blinding Blast:
Mega Man deals each Villain target 2 energy damage. Discard the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.
Devastating Aurora: Destroy all Villain Ongoing cards. Destroy all Environment cards.
Healing Light: Mega Man regains 10 HP. Each Citizen has their HP restored to their maximum HP value.
Potentially Disastrous. Look at Healing Light. Look at it again. Look at it again. The actual text becomes "Each Citizen other than Mega Man has their HP restored to their maximum HP value." Mega Man gets the 10 HP bonus, and Dawn gets a free refill. As satisfying as it would be to turn That Card back against Dawn, you need to tread with caution. Even Blinding Blast can make your day worse.

Deadline
Unnatural Disaster:
Discard the top (H) minus 1 cards of your deck.
Why Bother? Dude's only got one One-Shot. Maybe if you're short on Equipment or Items and need more trash to search it could be useful?

The Dreamer
Night Terrors:
Mega Man deals each non-Hero target X psychic damage, where X = the number of Projections in play plus 1.
Projected Paralysis: The Dreamer cannot play cards until the start of your next turn.
Violent Nightmares: Shuffle your trash into your deck.
Potentially Disastrous. Projected Paralysis can be useful on Dreamer's front side, or if you're feeling overwhelmed and close to beating her flip side. But Night Terrors is very likely to end the game, and not in the heroes' favor.

The Ennead
Ancient Magicks:
Activate all green hand effects.
Blast of Flame: The Hero target with the lowest HP deals the Villain target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 fire damage. Activate all red sun effects.
Death's Grasp: The Hero target with the lowest HP deals the Villain target with the lowest HP (H) minus 2 infernal damage. Activate all purple ankh effects.
Elemental Storm: The Hero target with the lowest HP deals each Villain target 1 lightning damage, 1 fire damage and 1 cold damage. Activate all green hand effects.
Mass Overheating: The Hero target with the highest HP deals each Villain target (H) minus 2 fire damage. Activate all red sun effects.
Rise to Power: Move the top card from beneath the Shrine of the Ennead into the Villain play area. Play the top card of your deck.
Sun's Fury: The Hero target with the highest HP deals each Villain target (H) minus 2 fire damage. Activate all red sun effects.
Taste of Immortality: Move the top card from beneath the Shrine of the Ennead into the Villain play area. All Hero targets regain (H) minus 1 HP.
The Desert's Wrath: Destroy all Environment cards. The Hero target with the lowest HP deals each Villain target X projectile damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed by this card. Activate all green hand effects.
The Grave Beckons: Destroy each non-Hero target with 3 or fewer HP. Activate all purple ankh effects.
DO NOT USE. Y'know, I thought the two Ennead-summoning cards would at least let you hang out with one of them. I mean, they'd kick your butt all the same, but at least you'd have Set or someone in your play area, right? Nope. Text on the Shrine of the Ennead keeps them from leaving the play area. It's possible I'm misreading it, but who really wants to separate the villain cards that much? Anyway, each of these has a major, major downside, be it bringing someone new into play or letting the villains take a turn during your play phase. And even though there could be some tradeoff if you've got them all down to low HP, do you really want to risk Ancient Magicks coming out?

Gloomweaver
Vast Following:
Shuffle your trash. Play the top card of your deck.
Beneficial. I mean, a free card play is nice and all, but Vast Following really isn't that great.

Grand Warlord Voss has no One-Shots.

Infinitor
Crazed Artifice:
Reveal the top (H) cards of your deck. Discard any One-Shots. Replace the other cards and play the top card of your deck.
Insanity: Play the top card of your deck.
Machinations of a Madman: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a One-Shot, Mega Man deals each target 1 psychic damage. Otherwise, put it into play.
Whispers of Oblivion: Mega Man deals each target 1 psychic damage. If at least one target is destroyed this way, restore all Manifestation cards to their maximum HP. Play the top card of your deck.
Somewhat Detrimental. This one really stretched my ability to interpret NIGYP's effects. Given that Infinitor's deck only has two types of cards, there's no option for "not a One-Shot or Manifestation". I figure replacing the card is the only reasonable thing to do. Unfortunately, there's plenty of "hit everyone" and "help the villain" in here, so I'd stay away unless your choices are only Crazed Artifice or Insanity.

Iron Legacy
Beat Down:
Mega Man deals Iron Legacy (H) minus 2 melee damage. If he is dealt damage this way, Iron Legacy cannot deal damage until the start of your next turn.
Flying Assault: Mega Man deals Iron Legacy (H) minus 1 projectile damage.
Former Allies: Discard the top card of the Villain deck. Play the top card of your deck.
Iron Justice: Mega Man deals Iron Legacy (H) melee damage. Discard (H) cards from the Villain deck.
Iron-Fist Strike: Mega Man deals Iron Legacy (H) plus 1 melee damage. Destroy 2 Villain Ongoing cards.
Rule from the Front: Mega Man deals Iron Legacy (H) minus 1 melee damage. Either discard the top 2 cards of the Villain deck or destroy 1 Villain Ongoing card.
Highly Beneficial. Oh my god. Though they aren't all quite as useful to the heroes as to Iron Legs (looking at you, Flying Assault), the chance of getting Beat Down, Iron-Fist Strike or even Rule from the Front is too good to pass up. Never pass up a chance to use NIGYP against IL, and especially if those cards are in the trash (which they can be after Iron Justice!)

Kaargra Warfang
Get Back in There!:
Shuffle your trash.
Bloodsworn Judgment: Flip the top card of the Title Deck and put it under the Hero target with the highest HP with the title effects still visible.
Fickle Fans: No change to text effect. (Move H tokens from the favor pool with the most tokens to the favor pool with the fewest tokens. If both pools have the same number of tokens, each target deals itself 1 psychic damage.)
Mixed. Bloodsworn Judgment is great, but Get Back in There sadly has no useful effect and Fickle Fans is just as much a crapshoot as it normally is. Really, it all comes down to how many tokens are in the heroes' pool.

Kismet
Fortune's Smile:
Mega Man regains (H) HP and deals each Villain target 1 psychic damage. Play the top card of your deck.
Hapless Strike: The Villain target with the highest HP deals the Villain target with the lowest HP 2 energy damage.
Imminent Destruction: Destroy all Environment cards. Mega Man deals each Villain target X projectile damage, where X = the number of Environment cards destroyed this way plus 1.
Karmic Disjunction: Shuffle the top (H) plus 1 cards of your deck and put them back on top of your deck.
Unlucky Break: Destroy (H) Villain Ongoing cards. If the Talisman is in front of Kismet, Mega Man deals her and the Talisman 2 psychic damage each.
Violent Trickster: Discard the top card of the Villain deck. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP 2 melee damage.
Mixed. My gut instinct is to call this Beneficial, but it all comes down to how much damage you want to risk the Talisman taking. I tend to ignore it, so I don't care, but it could matter. That said, Unlucky Break is probably worth the risk, for all that Karmic Disjunction could mess up deck-stacking.

The Matriarch
Darken the Sky:
No effect.
Horrid Cacophony: Mega Man deals each non-Hero target (H) minus 2 sonic damage.
Situational. If Matriarch had Ongoings, it might be worth nuking her birds to destroy them. That said, if she's got no birds out (or a small number, or you're mitigating her damage), it might be worth trying. If Darken the Sky were worded like All Together Now from La Capitan's deck, you'd never want to use NIGYP.

Miss Information
Another Reality's Debt:
Either discard the top card of the Villain deck or destroy all non-character villain cards.
Diversionary Tactics: Shuffle your trash into your deck. Play the top card of your deck.
Missing Resources: Discard the top card of the Villain deck.
Situational. If there are no Clues in play, it could be worth giving NIGYP a chance. Otherwise, I wouldn't risk it unless you know A) you won't be discarding a Clue, and B) you won't be nuking all of Miss I's stuff with Another Reality's Debt. NIGYP becomes a much better play once she's flipped.

Omnitron
Sedative Flechettes:
Mega Man deals each Villain target (H) plus 1 projectile damage. Destroy all Villain Ongoing cards.
Technological Singularity: Destroy all (non-character) Device cards. Mega Man deals Omnitron 2 lightning damage for each card destroyed this way.
Terraforming: Destroy all Environment cards. Play as many cards as Environment cards destroyed by this card.
Highly Beneficial. Oh, sweet summer child. Devastating Aurora isn't worth the risk, but Sedative Flechettes absolutely is. Terraforming could potentially create weird effects, not to mention drain your hand (since it says 'play' and not play from the deck!), but really, who cares? And obviously, we can't let Technological Singularity be a game-winning single-card play. I mean, you could literally win the game on Mega Man's first turn if that intention was not there. It's still pretty great, though.

Plague Rat
Noxious Bite:
Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP (H) toxic damage. Shuffle your deck.
Ravage: Mega Man each Villain target other than the Villain target with the highest HP 2 toxic damage. Shuffle your deck.
Tooth and Claw: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP 3 toxic damage. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 5 melee damage. Shuffle your deck.
Vicious Onslaught: Mega Man deals each Villain target other than the Villain target with the lowest HP 2 melee damage and 2 toxic damage.
Beneficial: Ravage and Vicious Onslaught are weird cards. With Ravage, for instance, the way I read it is either Mega Man hits the Plague Locus for 2 or does no damage at all. Can someone confirm how these cards work when there's only one active hero? Anyway, all the deck shuffling is thanks to looking for nonexistent Infection cards.

Progeny
Beginning of the End:
Destroy (H) environment cards. Destroy (H) Villain Ongoing cards.
Elemental Outburst: Mega Man deals Progeny 1 fire damage, 1 cold damage and 1 lightning damage.
Form of the Harbinger: Discard your deck. Mega Man deals Progeny 1 energy damage.
The Inevitable: Reveal cards from your deck until an Ongoing card is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other cards revealed this way. Mega Man deals Progeny 1 energy damage.
Beneficial. You won't be doing tons of damage, but Beginning of the End and The Inevitable are both good plays. Note that you can't get rid of Hour of Reckoning this way.

Spite
Forced Entry:
No text change. (Put all cards under the Safe House into play. Destroy a Victim card.)
Lab Raid: Destroy all Environment cards. Shuffle your deck.
On the Prowl: Destroy a Victim card. Shuffle your deck.
Detrimental. Unless you're hard up to kill the environment, don't bother. Too much risk of killing Victims needlessly. Go figure you can't even use Spite's abilities against him.

Wager Master
Impossible Quandary:
Each Villain target deals itself X psychic damage, where X = the number of Condition cards in play. Flip one face-down Hero card.
Pick a Card, Pick a Fate: Choose a keyword. Reveal the top card of your deck. If the revealed card has that keyword, discard it. If not, put the card into play.
Unanswerable Question: Destroy one Villain Ongoing card. Put this card face-down in your play area.
Somewhat Beneficial. Some weird effects. Mega Man can mimic Santa Guise, for instance, if he's in play. You can even get a face-down card into your play area if he's not on your team, but it will still count as a Villain card for Wager Master's own effects. Impossible Quandary and Unanswerable Question are still pretty well worth it.

VENGEANCE VILLAINS

Ambuscade

Hunting Pack:
Discard the top 6 cards of your deck. Each Hero target with a Nemesis icon regains 2 HP.
Double-Team: The 2 Hero targets with the lowest HP each deal the Villain target with the highest HP 2 melee damage. Each target which deals damage this way regains 1 HP.
Shrewd Ambush: Shuffle your deck.
Beneficial. Lots of team healing here, even if Shrewd Ambush isn't the best. (I believe Hunting Pack will just heal all the heroes.) Definitely go for it.

Baron Blade
A Chance at Vengeance:
Reveal cards from the top of the Hero deck belonging to the Hero character with the highest HP until 1 target is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the other revealed cards into that Hero's deck.
Old Tricks - New Allies: Play the top card of each Hero deck other than Mega Man's. Each Hero target regains 1 HP.
Turn the Tables: Mega Man deals the Villain character card with the most cards in play 2 melee and 2 lightning damage. Destroy 1 Villain Ongoing or Device card belonging to that Villain.
Vengeful Assault: Mega Man deals the Villain with the most cards in play 3 melee damage. Increase damage dealt by Hero targets by 1 until the start of Mega Man's turn.
Beneficial. The only reason I wouldn't rate this higher is that few heroes can benefit from A Chance at Vengeance. But if you've been protecting Unity (the way you should be!), definitely go for this. At the very worst, you'll have shuffled the highest HP Hero's deck.

Biomancer
A New Creation:
Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 3 psychic damage. Discard your deck.
Friend or Foe?: The Villain target with the lowest HP deals the Villain target with the highest HP 3 melee damage.
Twist of Flesh: Mega Man deals each Villain target 2 psychic damage. Mega Man and each Fleshchild regain 2 HP.
Beneficial. I'm calling it overall good. With Twist of Flesh, the worst that will happen is none of the Fleshchildren take damage and Homunculus regains 1 HP, and the other two are pretty nice.

Bugbear
Exhausting Pursuit:
Mega Man deals the non-Hero target with the highest HP 3 melee damage. If that target has 10 or more HP, it deals itself 2 psychic damage.
Predator's Pattern: Reveal cards from the top of Mega Man's deck until an Ongoing card is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other revealed cards. If no Ongoing cards are revealed this way, Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.
Stone's Sacrifice: Mega Man deals the Hero target other than himself with the lowest HP 2 infernal damage. If Mega Man destroys a target this way, play the top two cards of Mega Man's deck.
Unpredictable Powers: Destroy one of Mega Man's Ongoing cards. Mega Man regains 4 HP. Shuffle your trash into your deck.
Wounding Slash: Mega Man deals the non-Hero target with the highest HP 4 melee damage.
If that target is a Villain character card, discards the top card of that Villain's deck.
Mixed. Y'know, this would be great if not for Stone's Sacrifice. You could make a lot of heroes mad if that comes up. That said, if it's not in Bugbear's trash, go wild, you will mess up some dudes.

La Capitan
Anomalous Shift:
Shuffle each Villain trash into the associated Villain deck. Reveal the top card of each Villain deck. Discard any One-Shots revealed this way, then put the other revealed cards back on the top of their decks.
Donde? Aqui!: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 3 melee damage. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP 2 energy damage.
Off Tiempo: Discard the top card of 1 Villain deck.
Quando? Ahora!: Destroy 1 Hero Ongoing card. Play the top card of the deck of that Ongoing card. Destroy 1 Villain Ongoing card. Play the top card of the deck of that Ongoing card. Destroy 1 Environment card. Play the top card of the Environment deck.
Throwback: The Environment takes a full turn now, out of turn order sequence. During that turn, Hero targets are immune to damage from Environment cards.
Beneficial. It's worth noting that Quando? Ahora! is more or less unchanged, just with the order of the first two steps reversed. Otherwise, if you don't mind risking a Hero-ignoring Environment turn, she's not bad to play off of.

Citizens Hammer & Anvil
Burn the Divide:
Destroy 2 Device cards. Mega Man deals each Villain character card 2 fire damage for each Device card belonging to that Villain destroyed this way.
Citizens' Imperative: Mega Man regains 2 HP. Mega Man regains 2 HP.
Cleansing Flames: Mega Man deals each non-Hero target 1 fire damage. Each Hero target regains 1 HP.
Living Firebomb: Destroy the Environment target with the lowest HP. Mega Man deals each non-Hero target 2 fire damage.
Pyro-Hammer: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 2 melee damage. Mega Man deals each non-Hero target 1 fire damage.
Scorching Snap: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 2 fire damage. Prevent the next damage dealt by that target.
Highly Beneficial. This isn't like the Chairman, where the Operative is a side character and thus gets her effects as usual. Hammer and Anvil are both the villain, so you end up with crazy crap like "If Mega Man and Mega Man are active, each regains 2 HP." Well of course he's active, he just played the darn card! I separate it out as 2 and 2 healing in case there are effects that change healing. (Phosphorescent Chamber puts it up to 6 instead of 5; Oppressive Smog negates it entirely.) But yeah, there's nothing detrimental to any of these cards, go nuts.

Ermine
Heavy Hitter:
Move 1 Villain Ongoing or Device card from play to the top of the associated Villain's deck. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the second lowest HP 3 melee damage.
Long Con: Discards the top card of each Villain deck. Mega Man regains 3 HP.
Sleight of Hand: Mega Man deals each Villain target 1 projectile damage.
Beneficial. Not amazing, but nothing bad. Sleight of Hand is nerfed by the Villains' lack of hands.

Friction
Blinding Surge:
Mega Man deals himself 3 lightning damage.
Supersonic Streak: Mega Man deals himself 2 lightning damage.
Surge Strike: Mega Man deals himself 1 lightning damage. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 0 melee damage.
Synergy Surge: Mega Man deals each Hero target 2 lightning damage. Play the top card of each Hero deck in turn order.
Unchecked Acceleration: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 3 melee damage. Mega Man deals himself 2 lightning damage.
Unhealthy Speed: Mega Man deals each Villain target 1 melee damage. Mega Man deals himself 1 lightning damage. Play the top card of Mega Man's deck.
Detrimental. Friction's mechanics come from having Surge cards in her deck. Her deck. How many Surge cards does Mega Man have? Why none, of course! Very few of these cards are going to be worth playing, the exceptions being Unhealthy Speed and Unchecked Acceleration. If you've got some way to mitigate lightning damage, or your teammates just don't care, Synergy Surge isn't too terrible. But any hero damage increase is going to make these cards a nightmare.

Fright Train
Crushing Blow:
Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 4 melee damage.
Improbable Grapple: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.
Last Stop: Reveal the top card of the Environment deck. If that card has HP, Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP X projectile damage, where X = the HP of that card divided by 2, rounded down. Then, discard that Environment card.
Locomotivation: Play the top card of your deck.
Off the Rails: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 3 projectile damage. Destroy 1 Villain target with 2 or fewer HP.
Plow Through: Mega Man deals the two non-Hero targets with the lowest HP 2 melee damage each.
Unstoppable Momentum: Mega Man deals the Villain character card with the highest HP 2 melee damage.
Beneficial. I mean, none of these cards are amazing, but they're all good. Off the Rails and Plow Through are less effective than they might otherwise be thanks to player-based wording.

Greazer Clutch
All the Best Toys:
Discard the top 5 cards of your deck.
Groovy Moves: Shuffle your trash into your deck.
Why Bother? The Contract can't ever be in a play area with Villain targets, so there's nothing for Groovy Moves to do. And Hunter Tech isn't Devices for some reason. (If I'm wrong about the Contract, please let me know. I've yet to play VotM)

Miss Information
Deja Vu:
Each Villain target deals itself 1 psychic damage. Move 1 Ongoing card from your trash into play. Move 1 Ongoing card from 1 Villain trash into play.
Endless Possibilities: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a One-Shot, discard it, and Mega Man deals each Villain target 2 psychic damage. Otherwise, put it into play.
Focused Insanity: The Villain target with the highest HP deals itself 3 psychic damage. If that target is a character card, shuffle their trash into their deck.
Memory Loss: Mega Man deals each Villain character card 2 psychic damage.
Beneficial. Deja Vu brings a Villain card into play, but at least the players have control over which. Otherwise, lots of good effects. Focused Insanity again falls prey to player wording, but that just reduces its wordage overall.

The Operative
Laced Shuriken:
Mega Man deals the 2 Villain targets with the lowest HP 1 toxic damage each. Reduce the next damage dealt by a target dealt damage this way by 2.
Poisoned Blade: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 2 melee damage and 2 toxic damage.
Shinken Strike: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP 3 melee damage.
Student of Many Masters: If Iaido Practitioner is in play, Mega Man deals the 3 Villain targets with the highest HP 1 melee damage each. If not, shuffle your trash into your deck.
Sweeping Assault: Mega Man deals the 3 Villain targets with the highest HP 2 melee damage each.
Toxin Dart: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the lowest HP 2 toxic damage. Destroy 2 Villain Ongoing cards in the same play area as a target dealt damage this way.
Viperous Cloud: Mega Man deals each Villain target 1 toxic damage. Discard the top card of the deck of any Villain character card dealt damage this way.
Beneficial. Like Fright Train, a lot of very straightforward damage dealing One-Shots. Student of Many Masters is a favorite of mine, giving you the benefit of a Villain card without giving them any benefit in return. Viperous Cloud's wording has been wrangled away from the player issue, but I might actually be a little disingenuous for having done so.

Plague Rat
Chemical Frenzy:
Mega Man deals each target 1 toxic damage. Any target dealt damage that way deals itself 1 melee damage.
Let Loose: Destroy the Handler with the highest HP. Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP X melee damage, where X = 5 minus the number of Handlers in play.
Revocorp Backup: Discard your deck.
Seek and Destroy: Mega Man deals the Villain target with the most cards in play 3 melee damage. Either discard the top 2 cards of that Villain's deck or destroy 1 of their Device cards.
Mostly Detrimental. Taking out Plague Rat's Handlers is probably not what you want. Seek and Destroy is the only play here without any drawbacks, unless you really don't want to have a deck.

Proletariat
Overwhelm the Mighty:
Mega Man deals the Villain target with the highest HP 1 irreducible melee damage.
Regroup and Recover: Destroy all Clone cards. Mega Man regains 3 HP for each card destroyed this way. Play the top card of your deck.
Share in the Struggle: Shuffle your deck.
Beneficial. Okay, so Overwhelm the Mighty and Share in the Struggle aren't amazing, but I would pay good money to see Mega Man eat all of Proletariat's Clones.

Sergeant Steel
FILTER Strike Force:
Discard your deck.
Individual Tactics: If there are fewer than (H) Agents in play, play the top card of your deck. Activate all [Alien] cards that have not been activated this turn.
Detrimental. It would be worse if Strike Force wasn't worded to activate only the revealed Agent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
(2) 1-Up (Ongoing, Item, Limited): When Mega Man would be dealt damage that reduces him to 0 HP or fewer, prevent that damage and you may play an Item from your hand. Then destroy this card.

Again, can't heal him back to full. The Item play makes this card more variable than Aegis of Resurrection; sometimes you can heal yourself for 2, sometimes more, sometimes you won't have anything to play!

(3) Eddie Call (One-Shot): Reveal cards from the top of your deck until 3 Item or Equipment cards are revealed. Put one in play, one in your hand, and one in the trash. Shuffle the other revealed cards into your deck.

Originally, this card only searched for Items, and it was so good, I had to add Equipment in just to tone it down some. It's still a great card.

Looking at the number of item cards in the deck these are the only cards I could spot that does something with them. One of which is a pretty rare conditional. Perhaps another card or two might help.
Off the top of my head if you want to get the rush cards looking less like mode knock offs perhaps:
Rush Jet: When this card enters play, return any other Rush cards in play to your hand. You may play an extra item card during your play phase.

Rush Marine: When this card enters play, return any other Rush cards in play to your hand. You may forgo your draw phase to discard an item card from your hand to take an item card from your trash to your hand.
this might be a bit powerful but I think you get the general idea

Rush Coil:When this card enters play, return any other Rush cards in play to your hand. You may use an extra power during your power phase.
[i] this one is ok until you look at the power, there's only 6 equipment cards in the deck three of which are the rush cards, the other three are all awesome cards. Wraith is going to come sneaking through your window some night to steal it for her deck.

still these are just suggestions. Use or abuse as you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I like that idea for Rush Jet.

Rush Coil I'm not too concerned about; the whole point is to get something better out of your deck and play it next round!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
As I said above, "Now I've Got Your Power!" (did anyone else watch the show? That's where the title comes from, it you were wondering) is a potentially game-breaking, potentially hero-destroying card with a really out-there concept and really poor wording.

I think the problem with this card, aside from having multiple interpretations, is that from what I remember of the games, Megaman could steal weapons but not powers. The issue with Matriarch really demonstrates the problem as there is no thematic way in the Megaman universe that he could steal/modify the ability to summon crows. (I think The Dreamer could also present some problems but I don't recall all of that Villains cards very well.)

IMHO, there is a simpler, and perhaps more thematic way, to deal with the issue:

Place this card next to a target. The next time this target deals damage, Megaman may redirect all damage caused by that card on that turn to any target(s) (including itself). Then destroy this card.

This effectively allows you to "copy" a villain attack without having to wind through the maze of resolving one shots that may not apply. It also allows you to copy the attack on the villain cards rather than just the one shots. Finally, it also allows you to copy environment card attacks if you choose do so, although you could change the first instance of "target" to "villain target" if you wanted it to be more limiting. Perhaps where this might become OP is that you are not just copying an attack, but you are also blocking it, but that also may be thematic to Megaman actually stealing their power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I am slightly upset that you have come up with a better implementation of this idea. :B

I think to keep it from being too OP, it should redirect the first damage each turn. This would make it good against targets like the Matriarch, Treacherous Ape, and the Ennead if you're being dumb and letting them take extra turns out of turn. Just one round of saying "No" to the first damage dealt. I'll have to try it out and see how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
I think to keep it from being too OP, it should redirect the first damage each turn.

I had the same thought myself, but I was also thinking that there are villain attacks that do only one or two damage to multiple targets. Thematically MM should be able to duplicate this as well single hits that do large amounts of damage. This is why I worded it to target the entire card, but I can certainly see where it could become overpowered. What you really want to do is steal and copy and "attack" but there really isn't a clear way to define what an attack is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two random thoughts:

1) If I remember right, in the television series, Mega Man could actually copy effects simply by touching someone (akin to Rogue from X-Men). One example of what you could do is something like

"Play this card next to a villain non-character villain card in play. All effects on this card apply to Mega Man as well. When the villain card is destroyed, destroy this card."

Sure, it's just a copy of Guise copy mechanic from Lemme See that, Uh, Yeah, I'm that Guy, and I Can Do That Too!, but it's focused a little more to copying villain mechanics, which is very thematic to Mega Man as a hero.

2) This is more of a personal design philosophy than anything necessarily wrong with the deck, but typically any cards that have a keyword other than One-Shot, Ongoing, and Equipment are central to the mechanics of how the deck runs. Unity's Golems, Bunker's Modes, Absolute Zero's Modules...their decks are usually built around them building up to those cards somehow.

Right now, I don't feel like Mega Man's deck does that with either of its two custom keywords (Item, Rush), and going purely from a thematic standpoint, neither or those were ever the crux of Mega man as a character in the video games (Rush could be argued). I'd suggest removing the item keyword from the cards and treating them purely as one-shots/equipment.

----

I've been mulling over an idea on how to make a Mega Man deck using Robot Master weapons as a mechanic. Would you be too offended if I were to post it in parallel to your design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
No, but I'll tell you I initially wanted to have sets of Master Weapons you could switch out for 'variants'. I got around the problem by creating Dr. Wily as a villain, and I think I've put considerably more work into him than Mega. So maybe check him out? :B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Changelog 10/5/16:
- Now I've Got Your Power! is now Get Equipped With... (Thanks to davypi and bobbertoriley322 for their suggestions!)
- Included variant with Now I've Got Your Power! as a power.
- Future: Playtest variant. Slapdash job.

Yes, friends and neighbors, it's time to Get Equipped With! Instead of searching the villain trash in the hope you'll get something good, you can now turn their own cards against them! Even if it gets toned down to just ongoing effects or just the power, this is still a really fun, dynamic card, and I'd much rather have a variant I don't want to use against certain villains than a card that's totally useless against certain villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Primeval Eruption also plays top of your deck.

You are right about Plague Rat. If only one villain target is in play, hitting all villain targets but the highest will miss completely.

Would Vengeful Assault (from team Baron Blade) self-reference to "until start of Mega Man's turn"?

That's all I could find. I really like this idea. Playing from the villain's trash keeps this from being too random or keeping it away from the villain. I mean, I wouldn't want to see an ability like this in several decks, but I like it and you've implemented it in a way that isn't much better than many hero cards, but with the benefit of remaining dynamic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Correct on both counts! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Changelog 10/7/16:
- Slight change to the wording of Get Equipped With, specifically the power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Changelog 10/17/16:
- Rush Jet now just plays an extra Item instead of an extra card.
- Future: Consider making Rush cards destroy each other so W-Tank has something to do.

The suggestion to get rid of Rush and Item keywords made me double-down on both of them! >:V Also, I've playtested Super Fighting Robot, and I'm satisfied with leaving his HP at 28.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Changelog 11/17/16:
- E-Tank now an Equipment card.
- Mega Buster's behavior changed.
- Future: Drop a few cards to add something new in, but what?

I've been running a world tour of Mega Man SFR versus every villain. (Man, does he tear La Capitan apart!) Along with this comes a few changes, mostly to the Mega Buster so it's actually worth using. Being able to destroy a target and then having to make the decision "do I hit another and have to charge up again?" means it's consistent, with the ability to do large hits as well. E-Tank I changed because he's got a lot of Equipment search and recovery and not much to do with it!

I've decided he needs something else. I'm not sure if I want to bring back Energy Pellet, since it was often discard fodder. I'd like to do something like the Mega Ball, but I'm not sure what he needs in his deck, other than maybe ongoing destruction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Changelog 12/1/16:
- SFR's HP reduced. Power reworded for fewer characters.
- Get Equipped With changed.
- Mega Slide given a slight but important change. Number increased by 1.
- New card: Yashichi.
- W-Tank changed, number increased by 1.
- Mega Buster reduced to 1 copy.
- Super Arrow changed to ongoing destruction, no longer limited, number reduced by 1.
- New card: Mega Ball.
- Future: Consider dropping E-Tank and Energy Balancer to 1 copy each as well. What to replace them with?

The SFR vs. everyone games have been very helpful. For starters, I realized the way to make Mega Man's deck dynamic and fun to play was to rip off Chrono-Ranger as hard as I could. So now almost all of his Equipment cards have a single copy (and none have more than 2), and he has a ton of search ability. That said, he's only got one card that lets him both play and search, because some of these are way too good.

The other major change is Get Equipped With. I realized the power on it was unnecessary: it copies the other card's text, ergo it will e.g., deal the damage at the end of the turn itself. This protect Mega from backlash, at the cost of only letting him do it once; it's more or less a delayed one-shot, unless you're using it for damage reduction or something else. This of course produced its own set of problems, mostly not copying Galvanized or a Drug's indestructability, but I think I've gotten everything worked out, albeit at a price counted in words. (Fun trick: Play with Santa Guise against the Ennead and Get Equipped With Shrine of the Ennead while Beat is out! Or Unity's Golems, or Captain Cosmic' Constructs...)

This deck's not quite done, but he's in a spot where I think people will actually enjoy playing him now. I hope someone will prove me right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.