Food Chain Magnate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dinnertime sales mandatory? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jao kolad
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
I was playing a 4 player game where there were two houses during dinnertime up for grabs.

The house numbered #1 wanted a beer, and another house (Number unimportant in this case) wanted a pizza and a beer.

Now. Assume I am closest to both houses, and have made a pizza and just one beer. According to the rules house number 1 will go off to eat first. Do I have the right to refuse service? Can I tell those filthy commoners from house number 1 to take a hike, so I can fill the bigger order from the other house?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D'Andrea
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No you must serve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There are no decisions made during the dinnertime phase- it is completely deterministic. So to answer your question: no, you cannot refuse service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you must fill orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actions you take during working 9 to 5 and marketing from the previous turn programs what happens during dinnertime. There are no decisions to make during dinnertime - you simply execute the pre programmed steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaokolad wrote:
Do I have the right to refuse service? Can I tell those filthy commoners from house number 1 to take a hike, so I can fill the bigger order from the other house?

Lol! Imagine going into McDonalds (other fast food joints are available) - asking for a burger, and being told that you can't have one because it's being saved for someone who wants a burger and a drink.

Awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
jaokolad wrote:
Do I have the right to refuse service? Can I tell those filthy commoners from house number 1 to take a hike, so I can fill the bigger order from the other house?

Lol! Imagine going into McDonalds (other fast food joints are available) - asking for a burger, and being told that you can't have one because it's being saved for someone who wants a burger and a drink.

Awesome game!

But what if you think that the customers are gay? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Seghillian wrote:
jaokolad wrote:

Awesome game!

"We've reserved the right not to serve you based on our religious view" is an option in the upcoming expansion FCM: Politically Incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

I don't know. Could you elaborate ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KronikAlkoholik wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Seghillian wrote:
jaokolad wrote:

Awesome game!

"We've reserved the right not to serve you based on our religious view" is an option in the upcoming expansion FCM: Politically Incorrect.

This version also has an additional win condition: attain false moral superiority over your competition.

Bonus points if you deny reproductive health to your female employees.

"But it's the 50's, so it's historically accurate!" shake

(And heading to RSP in 3...2....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Political discussion IS NOT welcome in the game forums.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver MacFarlane
United Kingdom
Wilmslow
Cheshire
flag msg tools
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Seghillian wrote:
jaokolad wrote:

Awesome game!

You could ask them to find out the answer. Then whatever they answer serve them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.