California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will the cards be published?

Not the plans.
Not the projections.
Not the anticipated future goals.

When?

What hard date will the cards be released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankysan
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
When will the cards be published?

Not the plans.
Not the projections.
Not the anticipated future goals.

When?

What hard date will the cards be released?

Sorry, but impossible to say at this point. The original goal was June of this year...so by normal game publishing standards, they are not impossibly late now. Having had the rules released two months ago, however, makes the delay in the cards increasingly incomprehendable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for comparison:

One man, who has the license from Dust for Dust Warfare was able to create, block out, develop, test, and complete ALL of the cards for Dust Warfare...and upload them to a card printing service so players could purchase them. All since the Expo back in March.

One man.

Axis is done and uploaded. Allies are nearly done. SSU is next on the que.

One guy. With a day job.

One.

With no outside help.

As a retailer and as a player, my patience has been worn down. I hope something moves forward soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can you share a link with us for these cards?

MGAC wrote:
Axis is done and uploaded. Allies are nearly done. SSU is next on the que.

One Guy +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Axis Card Decks
http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/DustWarfare47

NDAK and Allies in a couple weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My contribution to the card issue/topic...

I recently got my order from the new DustUSA site, and the cards included in the latest release of Luftwaffe units are marked with a "© Dust Studio LTD. 2015"...So no chance of getting a sneak peak at the new cards by buying newly release units.

<sigh>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:

Axis Card Decks
http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/DustWarfare47

NDAK and Allies in a couple weeks.

Just to make sure people know, this is for Dust Warfare, a very different beast to Dust 1947. As has been mentioned above no-one knows when they'll be released (several years for a month seems to be the standard Dust time-scale).

Although a PDF has been released I have a feeling there will be more tweaks in the printed copy. The PDF still contains some wording that has been identified as wrong and fixed for the final printing, we just haven't seen the PDF for that printing yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wait a second! There is a PDF for the cards out there somewhere? Why wasn't I told about this!

EyeLost wrote:
Although a PDF has been released I have a feeling there will be more tweaks in the printed copy. The PDF still contains some wording that has been identified as wrong and fixed for the final printing, we just haven't seen the PDF for that printing yet.

I demand justice!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McGill
msg tools
mb
Those are warfare cards there, but it looks like they have just released the first draft of the allied cards. In order to get them though you will need to join the Dust 1947 facebook group since that looks like the only way to download them at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankysan
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will upload and keep the files current over here:
https://mega.nz/#F!OkEBFRCD!QKWiEaInmxpC2HCBMlSJ4w
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please request on the FB page to bring back the unit pictures on the back of the cards. Thanks.

Also, can someone ask for the non-unique terminology for weapons on the cards, ie: the replacement for the fliegerfaust with missile launcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankysan
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think people have already done both, and got refused. This is what we have to deal with apparently. I also don't really like the general names for weapons now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there a reason given for why the generic names are being used for the weapons?

The theme for the game is the most attractive thing about it, so diluting the theme by changing the names of certain weapons takes away it.

<sigh>

Any thoughts?

What about the pictures? My friends and I are always fiddling with cards when we're playing because it's much easier to look at pictures (visual) instead of looking for the proper word or name on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.