Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just curious if anyone has any ideas on this, as it is my 4 year old likes it, but there are really no decisions to make in the game (unless we are missing something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Well, this is directed towards kids and families, so the luck element will be significant no matter what. However, I think with a game like this, the strategy comes in the later part of the game. By the halfway point, you should know what tokens are where around the board, so your goal will be not only to get the things you need, but also to deny the other players what they need. If the person closest to winning really needs a specific thing, and moving 2 spaces will get it for them, don't let them move 2 spaces. There are a limited number of options, so you really have to weight the benefits of not only getting what you want, but also keeping someone else from winning long enough for you to do it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
Well, this is directed towards kids and families, so the luck element will be significant no matter what. However, I think with a game like this, the strategy comes in the later part of the game. By the halfway point, you should know what tokens are where around the board, so your goal will be not only to get the things you need, but also to deny the other players what they need. If the person closest to winning really needs a specific thing, and moving 2 spaces will get it for them, don't let them move 2 spaces. There are a limited number of options, so you really have to weight the benefits of not only getting what you want, but also keeping someone else from winning long enough for you to do it first.

Good point, the memory aspect is important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tagliaferri
Switzerland
Zeiningen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmb
I disagree. This is the first game for five year olds I have ever seen with low luck high decisions. The low luck is only at the beginning of the game when they don't know where the things are hidden in the trees. The decisions are what resources to go get. I agree this may be too simple of a game for a 8 year old but by then they can play adult strategy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.