Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm working on a token flipping companion app for Runebound 3E. I'd love to get a couple people to try it out and give feedback.

http://samnkels.com/runebound-3rd/

- Sam
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has only been tested using Google Chrome and very briefly using Firefox. Internet Explorer will not function properly.

- Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. Any way to add a life/health count status for both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, might need a quick one click button to reset and start a new round of combat with the same tokens used in the previous round of combat.

Or maybe a used marker on token which can be cleared to start new round of combat.

Another issue, users might want both player and enemy all on one page(if possible). Maybe one on upper side, other on bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maigrey Morianna
msg tools
Really good app, it works very good.

GenChaos wrote:

Another issue, users might want both player and enemy all on one page(if possible). Maybe one on upper side, other on bottom.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea so far - have some GeekGold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Perez
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the physical tokens myself, but this is a great idea for those who have been asking for an alternative. The app has nice animations/sounds and works great aswell, good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
Also, might need a quick one click button to reset and start a new round of combat with the same tokens used in the previous round of combat.

I love it but agree with the above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe add ability to roll both enemy and hero tokens at the same time for solo players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "tap token" option doesn't seem to work on chrome for iPhone - maybe that wasn't the designed platform.

However, I like what you've built - surely this will be a good solution for the many who aren't fans of the physical tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:

1. I don't really understand this one in particular, though a couple people have mentioned it. This seems to be describing exactly what the "CAST ALL" button in the bottom right does. It will unmark all marked tokens, remove "doubled" icons, and then re-cast every token on the board. Am I misunderstanding what we're talking about here?

2. Life counters feature is in the planning and will be implemented soon

3. As for casting both tokens on the same board. I honestly don't really like the idea myself. This was designed with the idea of having each player have their own phone/device in hand with their own instance of the app and therefore would "switch to the enemy tokens" to play as the enemy for another player who would have their own instance of the app with their own tokens. However, it seems to be a pretty popular opinion (maybe you guys play a lot of solo?) and would be pretty simple for me to implement. So, I will build a "merge boards" function (most likely just a button in the help/settings screen) that will merge the two boards together (combining all tokens and token libraries).

theashers wrote:
The "tap token" option doesn't seem to work on chrome for iPhone

4. Unfortunately, I do not have an iPhone to test with. Do you mean when you tap on a token it does not "mark" it (adds a red glow)? If so, were you trying to tap it when it was not flipping (via casting for flipping)? It will only "mark" a stationary token.

Thanks for all the feedback and replies guys! I will get these new features built quickly

- Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a tremendous start, thank you immensely for this.

Are you willing/able to open source this in case you run out of cycles to keep banging on it?

Having the engine available without the artwork would also be a nice hedge against FFG coming down on it as infringement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam, Can you clarify something that is not clear then?

Does clicking on a token and making a red halo around token mean its SPENT?

That would make sense then and no change needed.

But I do have one issue...(I cannot figure out the different clicking)

What is the proper procedure to red halo(spent) a token?

What is the proper procedure to bring up options for a token?

My clicking seems to make it random? Sometimes red halo, sometime options.
(maybe its my browser? Google Chrome?)

EDIT: Wait re-read help?. Quick tap for spent, long tap for options. Nevermind, good work Sam.
I suggest in help section, add the word 'spent' into quick tap mark sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More Mellotron wrote:
This looks like a tremendous start, thank you immensely for this.

Are you willing/able to open source this in case you run out of cycles to keep banging on it?

Having the engine available without the artwork would also be a nice hedge against FFG coming down on it as infringement.

It is already open. I do not minify the JS or anything of the sort. The app runs off the full JS. So, the engine would essentially just be this file:

http://samnkels.com/runebound-3rd/token-caster.js

- Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
Does clicking on a token and making a red halo around token mean its SPENT?

Right, that is how the "marking" (quick-tap) feature is meant to function - as marking tokens as "spent".

- Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
I suggest in help section, add the word 'spent' into quick tap mark sentence.

That's a good plan. I will update that.

- Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe
Brazil
flag msg tools
Kelsam wrote:
3. As for casting both tokens on the same board. I honestly don't really like the idea myself. This was designed with the idea of having each player have their own phone/device in hand with their own instance of the app and therefore would "switch to the enemy tokens" to play as the enemy for another player who would have their own instance of the app with their own tokens. However, it seems to be a pretty popular opinion (maybe you guys play a lot of solo?) and would be pretty simple for me to implement. So, I will build a "merge boards" function (most likely just a button in the help/settings screen) that will merge the two boards together (combining all tokens and token libraries).

Yes, it would be very useful for solo play.

Also, as far as I could notice, once you tap the "Add Token" button, there's no way back unless you select a new token. There should be a way to cancel and go back without hitting the back button (closing the browser in the proccess).

Awesome work! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsam wrote:

It is already open. I do not minify the JS or anything of the sort. The app runs off the full JS. So, the engine would essentially just be this file:

http://samnkels.com/runebound-3rd/token-caster.js

Understood, thanks. I'm a web developer from the days before writing apps in Javascript was practical, so I always assume there's a back-end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zsig wrote:
Also, as far as I could notice, once you tap the "Add Token" button, there's no way back unless you select a new token. There should be a way to cancel and go back without hitting the back button (closing the browser in the proccess).

Excellent catch. I will add a "close" button.

- Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More Mellotron wrote:
Understood, thanks. I'm a web developer from the days before writing apps in Javascript was practical, so I always assume there's a back-end.

Gotchya. Yeah, this one is just plain ol' HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

- Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All updates have been implemented.

Changes:
- there is now a function to merge the token boards for solo play in the help/settings sceen
- health counter feature
- minor text changes and such
- added a close button to the add token screen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhh, man. This is so cooool with update.

But I getting bad mojo feeling about Big Brother.
FF going to rune the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
Ohhhh, man. This is so cooool with update.

But I getting bad mojo feeling about Big Brother.
FF going to rune the fun.

Are they known for doing that or something? Lots of people have mentioned that. I mean, granted, the tokens are their copyrighted material, but it's not like I'm even running ads on the app or anything. It links to their site to promote further sales of Runebound. I guess I'm just not sure what their complaint would be concerning it unless they just really hate people using their stuff.

- Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possible suggestion since I have tough time getting a quick tap.

Can you add a 'spent'/mark option button to the option menu(long tap options)?

Yes, I know it's redundant. But I must have big fingers with my phone and/or a bad mouse with my computer. It happens alot in both ways. If not, I guess a have to play around with my settings on both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Eddy
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
Another possible suggestion since I have tough time getting a quick tap.

Can you add a 'spent'/mark option button to the option menu(long tap options)?

Yes, I know it's redundant. But I must have big fingers with my phone and/or a bad mouse with my computer. It happens alot in both ways. If not, I guess a have to play around with my settings on both.

I don't want to add a function for that in the long-press menu (due to the redundancy and cluttering of the UI), but I did increase the amount of time it takes to open the long-press menu from .15s to .22s. This should help with or even solve that issue.

- Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.