Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game with its Atlas expansion works well in two players? It remains valid anyway? The game and its expansion are always both independent of the language? Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paino75 wrote:
This game with its Atlas expansion works well in two players? It remains valid anyway? The game and its expansion are always both independent of the language? Thanks for the info.

The rules are in English, there is no other in-game text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Paino75 wrote:

The rules are in English, there is no other in-game text.

And the game with its Atlas expansion works well in two players? It remains valid anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Söderberg
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to second this question. Has anyone played 2 players yet? Is it as good as with 3 or more? I'm having limited time for gaming these days so I would like to hear some opinions on how well this works as a 2-player experience. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played last night 2 players. Rome v Carthage plus some barbarians who can be hired by the active player each turn.
A very entertaining game. After the game we both felt it was close and because of the multiple win conditions either player could've won.
We felt luck was minimized even though there was dice and good strategy was rewarded. The adapted trade rules worked well.
Would definitely recommend as a 2 player game. However i think it would blossom with more players. Diplomacy becoming a more prominent feature then.
Even though there were lots of euro mechanics. We both also felt it was still a battle for supremacy by both sides.
Well done Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played with 2 players and with 5.

The two-player version works well. It's Rome vs. Carthage, with "Barbarians" acting as a third party that can be bribed and traded with by either side.

It is more interesting with multiple players, but the two-player version stands alone well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
I have played with 2 players and with 5.

The two-player version works well. It's Rome vs. Carthage, with "Barbarians" acting as a third party that can be bribed and traded with by either side.

It is more interesting with multiple players, but the two-player version stands alone well enough.

But for the two-player game so there is only a specific scenario and just ?? I have a specific battlefield configuration ??
Or it is still more varied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Paino75 wrote:
But for the two-player game so there is only a specific scenario and just ?? I have a specific battlefield configuration ??
Or it is still more varied?

No, the two-player game is fixed - Rome and Carthage.

You probably could modify it to use other starting empires, but you'd have to figure out which parts of the map to block off, where the barbarians are located, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmb
The two player variant was ok. We accidentally played with all Hero/Wonder cards so the game ended rather quick with a Roman loss. We need to play it again the correct way to get a better feel. We have already modified our own three player game to use any faction so I don't think it would be tough to modify the 2 player game to use other factions. Hiring the Barbarians is a neat little variant to the 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dodenstass wrote:
I'd like to second this question. Has anyone played 2 players yet? Is it as good as with 3 or more? I'm having limited time for gaming these days so I would like to hear some opinions on how well this works as a 2-player experience. Thanks in advance!

These threads will probably help you with your questions

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1597516/verdict-2-playe...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1622679/2-players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.