Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Took until now for me to play my second game of this, but I really enjoyed it this time, too (for reference, a four player game this time). However, we came upon a pretty ambiguous wording concerning the control of a room. The rules state pretty clearly that in order to control a room, you need to have more explorers in it than any other player. But when the tallying of DPs is discussed, the possibility of tying for a room is mentioned (i.E. split the points between the tied players, round down). But that shouldn't be possible, should it? If you tie with someone else, you don't have more explorers in a room than they have and therefore nobody should "control" the room and therefore nobody should be awarded any DPs. I find those two sentences pretty contradictory, so which one is true? Are you controlling a room if you are the solitary player with the most explorers in the room or are you, if you are one of the players with the most explorers? Bonus question, if the latter is true, can you also use a room action if you are tied for control for a room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Zalewski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Christian,

I will try to be as clear as possible:

1. If you have more than any other player you have control. This gives you full DPs and you can use room's power.

2. If you tie you don't have control. However if you tie a 2DP room you are still entitled to some points. That's why there is this rule in the book.

If you have any further questions ask away!

Greetings,
Jan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.