Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I have relocated to Japan last year. I left most of my collection back home, but i visited recently and brought back my dice masters collection

is there anywhere that might play or in general have game groups that are english only friendly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1103
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to find DM stuff here in Japan about a year and a half ago and had no luck. I posted on BGG looking as well...you can see my thread about it here if you haven't already:
Marvel Dice Masters in Japan?
I don't know if anything has changed since then, but I haven't seen any DM product for sale here ever. It's a little surprising since Marvel movies and stuff seems pretty popular. But I guess if they haven't made a Japanese language version of the game it's pretty hard to sell here.

I ended up ordering from CoolStuff, Inc. when I wanted new dice and cards. That's likely what you'll end up needing to do as well, unfortunately. The best way for me to play was just to make up several teams from what I own and find friends who were receptive. I've only been able to play maybe a dozen games of it in the past year, but everyone who has played has been pretty positive about the game. Magic is just overwhelmingly the most popular of that type of game in my area, so I've gravitated in that direction. Hopefully you'll have better success!

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwbollom wrote:
I tried to find DM stuff here in Japan about a year and a half ago and had no luck. I posted on BGG looking as well...you can see my thread about it here if you haven't already:
Marvel Dice Masters in Japan?
I don't know if anything has changed since then, but I haven't seen any DM product for sale here ever. It's a little surprising since Marvel movies and stuff seems pretty popular. But I guess if they haven't made a Japanese language version of the game it's pretty hard to sell here.

I ended up ordering from CoolStuff, Inc. when I wanted new dice and cards. That's likely what you'll end up needing to do as well, unfortunately. The best way for me to play was just to make up several teams from what I own and find friends who were receptive. I've only been able to play maybe a dozen games of it in the past year, but everyone who has played has been pretty positive about the game. Magic is just overwhelmingly the most popular of that type of game in my area, so I've gravitated in that direction. Hopefully you'll have better success!

Good luck!

o nice. where are you located? i have alot here just want to find someone to play with, even if they use my stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shikoku...probably not convenient if you're in or near Tokyo LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol dang! closer than canada where my other players are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran Topic
Japan
Kita-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As Zen linked, JIGG indeed does regular gaming days in Tokyo. Find us on Meetup, that's our primary scheduling site. Most of us are foreigners, so English is the primary language of the group, but Japanese is also used, depending on who's on the specific table. I haven't seen Dice Masters around; you're welcome to bring it if you wish. I do have Quarriors though, I understand it's kind of similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.