Seasons» Forums » General

Subject: I just found out about this game, some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys! i found this game through 7 wonders, because 7 wonders is the only game iv played with drafting (other than mtg and a little notre dam, but that one drafts only 2 cards,myeh) but it doesn't have any conflict or actual comboes

and i really like the mechanic, so i came to this game, yey(?)

does the game use a dice mechanic too? like War of the ring? your dice are also your resources/actions?

drafting your cards and then playing using them sounds SWEET for me, it might feed what has left void since i stopped playing mtg (draft part that is)

can you play with 3 players? i read somewhere that 4 players isnt so nice..

is the game deep? or ill be dissapointed if i expect too much strategy/planning/comboes? (cause i see cartoony artwork/and light colors, does it hide a monster ill enjoy?)

Are any other games similar to this one? (draft/then play your deck(s)) or is it unique? was it the first one to combine that outside of tcgs?

any others similar to this you'd reccomend, or this is the definite one i must buy? (you can fanboy away but i want to check all my options!)

thanks!

tl;dr i don't own any drafting game,i might grab a 7 wonder from a friend,but i want one in my collection,i used to play mtg, i like 7 wonders,but i dont like that there isn't much conflict

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it has dice as a sort of resource mechanic.

Yes you draft cards but that is not a huge mechanic.

2-3 players is best.

The game is amazingly deep in the combos and offe5s several viable paths to victory.

If you like pure drafting do Sushi Go Party! or Fairy Tale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rygel wrote:
Yes it has dice as a sort of resource mechanic.

Yes you draft cards but that is not a huge mechanic.

2-3 players is best.

The game is amazingly deep in the combos and offe5s several viable paths to victory.

If you like pure drafting do Sushi Go Party! or Fairy Tale.

i like drafting but not only by itself, i want it included with more gameplay! like in this one or the blood rage im checking at the moment

the player count kind of turns me off on this one though, most of the time i play with more than 3 players, all the rest sound lovely so far

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draft the cards at the beginning of the game, but that's the only card draft. However, you draft dice in a sense. They get rolled and then each player picks one.

If you want to try the game out, it's available for free at www.boardgamearena.com

Other games that use drafting:

Blood Rage - tons of conflict

Agricola - I'm just throwing this out there. It does have drafting, but it's a pretty heavy game

Epic Card Game - Very close to Magic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.