34.3% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is about the board for the game. I like how the board is pretty clean, but I think they could've added just a few more icons in places with "easy to forget" rules. These are parts of the board where I had to keep reminding players what they did or remind them of extra details.

Rest: coolcool. Not sure why they didn't add 2 Relax icons for this section of of the board.

Spent Time: Add the blue hourglass icon (same as the one on cards) to remind players where to place used Hourglass markers.

Short Term Happiness Track: W or E for losing or gaining LTH (victory points) when exceeding the limits of the STH track.

Also, a -1 to refresh one of the card rows with new cards.

Teen Round 1: Add an icon somewhere on the Round track to remind players of the 3 actions not available (job, relationship, and overtime).

Old Age Rounds 6, 7, 8: Add an icon somewhere on the Round track that reminds players overtime is not available for these rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fanofuna wrote:

Teen Round 1: Add an icon somewhere on the Round track to remind players of the 3 actions not available (job, relationship, and overtime).

You have three big tokens that block the action spaces and the cards aren't laid out. Why would you need more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
fanofuna wrote:

You have three big tokens that block the action spaces and the cards aren't laid out. Why would you need more?

*Because I played it wrong in my first and only game so far and drew Job and Relationship cards. Which explains my group's confused looks when we got rid of those cards during the End of Round phase. Yup...crucial sentence in the manual that I only skimmed through once. 2nd play of the game should be better.

Hmmm...maybe there should be an icon on the board to remind people not to draw them the 1st round.

*For consistency sake. If there was an icon reminder for rounds 6, 7, 8, it would just look weird if round 1 didn't get one too.

*Or, there could just be an icon on the Overtime action spot to show that it's only available in the Adult rounds (rounds 2-5).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.