Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
owen sullivan
United States
Ellisville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All the cards state they should be discarded at the end of your turn. Does this mean end of your turn during the investigator phase or mythos phase? If it means investigator phase then the conditions are gone before any monsters could attack you, making it easier to fight them off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
lordevilthefirst wrote:
All the cards state they should be discarded at the end of your turn. Does this mean end of your turn during the investigator phase or mythos phase? If it means investigator phase then the conditions are gone before any monsters could attack you, making it easier to fight them off.

If you have a look at page 24 of the RR I think it should be clear that the term "turn" means the Investigators turn during the Investigator Phase.

Quote:
Quick Reference
A game of Mansions of Madness is played over a series of rounds. Each round consists of two phases, the investigator phase and the mythos phase.

Investigator Phase
During the investigator phase, the investigators each take one turn
in the order of their choice. During an investigator’s turn, that
investigator performs up to two actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
owen sullivan
United States
Ellisville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So all negative conditions will only have an effect during the investigtors actual turn. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
lordevilthefirst wrote:
So all negative conditions will only have an effect during the investigtors actual turn. Thank you

Not exactly. It is possible to gain a condition during the previous Mythos Phase for example, in that case the condition will persist until the end of that Investigator's turn.

If that makes a difference, I'm not sure since I'm sure I haven't seen every possible situation the app might put the Investigators in. I'm thinking that if Restrained, it might make a difference to being Pushed. Maybe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can make a difference. A monster can attack you, making you Dazed, and then you cannot convert clues in the follow-up Horror check you will need to make.

So the conditions will only affect you until the end of your next activation in the investigator's phase, but you will be affected from the moment you gain the condition until then, which includes some time prior to your activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.