Subject: Questions about ties and fire. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
August Kørvell
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hello!

So I have two questions:
I'm not sure if I overlooked it in the rules, but how do you break a tie when a monster is moving to the closest investigator and two investigators have the same distance but in different directions, or if a monster attacks the investigator with the highest value of some stat and two or more have the same value in that stat?

How does fire spread, the rules and the app both say to place 'a' fire next to 'a' fire. Does this mean that you only need to place a single fire in total each time fire spreads?

I hope that you can help me! Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Siraggi wrote:
I'm not sure if I overlooked it in the rules, but how do you break a tie when a monster is moving to the closest investigator and two investigators have the same distance but in different directions, or if a monster attacks the investigator with the highest value of some stat and two or more have the same value in that stat?

Page 2 of the RR.
Quote:
Conflicts
During the game, some game effects may lead to conflicts within the
game or between the investigators.

* It is possible for a game effect to have more than one possible
outcome. In such a case, investigators as a group determine the
outcome of that effect.

* It is possible for multiple game effects to occur at the same time.
In such a case, investigators as a group determine the order in
which those effects are resolved.

* It is possible that investigators have differing intentions and goals.
If this prevents investigators from reaching a decision as a group,
the decision is determined by an investigator chosen at random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Siraggi wrote:
How does fire spread, the rules and the app both say to place 'a' fire next to 'a' fire. Does this mean that you only need to place a single fire in total each time fire spreads?

The current understanding is that no matter how many Fire tokens are on the board, you only add one new token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In both cases the players simply choose where the monster will go or where the fire will spread. Every time there are multiple options for something to happen and the app does not clarify it, the players choose. Whether you chose to go easy on yourself or to do it the hard way is up you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Kørvell
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thank you all for your answers. It has been very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Siraggi wrote:

The current understanding is that no matter how many Fire tokens are on the board, you only add one new token.

Wow I've been doing this really wrong then, been adding a fire adjacent to all existing fire. No wonder I keep running out of tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.