Subject: Movement Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Just a really quick question, which I will probably be answering myself, but really am just looking for confirmation.

During my action phase I launch a ship using the City Pier action, to say the space 5 food out.

Now we go to movement phase, this ship that I just launched already moves up one space? If this is the case then if I had launched to the space for 1 food, wouldn't it immediately return during the movement phase, before a whaling phase even happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No there is a 1st 2nd 3rd space between the 1 food and Return space. That's where you get one shot at whaling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer is no

If you look at the whaling board there is basically a '0' food space. If you paid one food you'd move out to '1' space then forward to '0' during the movement phase then you would go whaling. Next turn you would move from '0' to return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
ath3ist wrote:
No there is a 1st 2nd 3rd space between the 1 food and Return space. That's where you get one shot at whaling.

chris0zz wrote:
Short answer is no

If you look at the whaling board there is basically a '0' food space. If you paid one food you'd move out to '1' space then forward to '0' during the movement phase then you would go whaling. Next turn you would move from '0' to return.

Thank you I totally missed the spot on the track by the dock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
We plan to make the difference between the "0" space and the return space more clear in the next version of the rules.

While it looks like a complicated way of doing that, it has two main benefits. First, you always get a round of actions between whaling and returning home. Second, the math is very simple because if you are on the 4 space during the action phase, you return at the end of the current round plus 4, and have 4 whaling phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Sivilized wrote:
We plan to make the difference between the "0" space and the return space more clear in the next version of the rules.

While it looks like a complicated way of doing that, it has two main benefits. First, you always get a round of actions between whaling and returning home. Second, the math is very simple because if you are on the 4 space during the action phase, you return at the end of the current round plus 4, and have 4 whaling phases.

No complications, I just wasn't using my eyes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.