6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Thirsty Meeples UK - Great place to play and buy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy O
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just wanted to put a good word in for http://thirstymeeples.co.uk/ - a board game café and retailer in Oxford, UK. Not only have the family and I had some good times gaming there, I've also had nothing but good experiences buying from them online.

Most recently there was an issue with my order (not their fault - the problem was caused by the publisher). They replied very quickly to my initial e-mail letting them know there was a problem and the whole thing was sorted out swiftly and with the minimum of fuss.

Great service and I'd have no hesitation buying from them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jOHN SMITH
msg tools

Ive recently bought va pre-order from them. Emailed a couple of days ago and still waiting for a reply...and theres no phone number to contact about online orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy O
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That's interesting. I just looked through my old e-mails and they've never taken more than a day to reply to a query sent to the hello@thirstymeeples.co.uk address. Useful to know that my experience isn't universal. I assume you've tried the phone number listed on their site (01865 244247) - is that only for the café?

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jOHN SMITH
msg tools
Yeah, that's for the café mate.

Will try that email, cheerz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
andyo76 wrote:
Just wanted to put a good word in for http://thirstymeeples.co.uk/ - a board game café and retailer in Oxford, UK. Not only have the family and I had some good times gaming there, I've also had nothing but good experiences buying from them online.

Most recently there was an issue with my order (not their fault - the problem was caused by the publisher). They replied very quickly to my initial e-mail letting them know there was a problem and the whole thing was sorted out swiftly and with the minimum of fuss.

Great service and I'd have no hesitation buying from them again.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Cullop
Oman
flag msg tools
I had a great day at Thirsty Meeples over the summer. Nice people and a well stocked collection of games.

We noticed that it seemed to get really busy over lunchtime so book a table in advance or arrive early. The sausage rolls were very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.