Subject: Drinking games for 5-7 people (cottage weekend!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Pugh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Looking for games that force you - or can be modified to force you - to drink while you play. GO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CalicoDave
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DickHams wrote:
GO!

Pretty sure Go just plays 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Crompton
United Kingdom
St Helens
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Dragon Inn and its expansions is perfect. We substitute a finger of real drink to each game card. Hic !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CalicoDave wrote:
DickHams wrote:
GO!

Pretty sure Go just plays 2.

But if drinking is involved, they'll be "going" a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Burnham
United Kingdom
Abingdon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always try my Rahdo drinking game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Fox
msg tools
DrunkQuest is definitely the first thing that comes to mind. Plays like Munchkin but you use drinks to fight monsters.

Any game that makes to play quick rounds for points is what I grab and modify with drinks. Pack & Stack is one that I play often. Instead of giving up points when you need to, I play 1-5=1 drink, 6-10=2 drinks, etc. (max 5 drinks after 20) and a perfect truck is a delicious shot as a reward.

Battleship using Pizza boxes and a permanent marker. DIY game you can search Google.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spyfall has worked great for a gathering of friends. It seems easily "drinkified" by adding silly rules if you want to go that route, but it really isn't necessary. For instance, take a shot to accuse someone or chug your drink if you lose or whatever.

I just think it works cause it promotes conversation and kicking back rather than focusing on strict gameplay and such. Plus it takes about 2 minutes to teach it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Red Dragon Inn is literally a drinking game by design :-) Technically for 4 people, but nothing's stopping you from getting one of the many expansions to make it play with as many people as you wish. Alcohol mixing encouraged!

There's also Sake & Samurai and Beer & Vikings, although I think they're average games at best.

I can also readily imagine Arkham horror - drink every time you lose (your choice of how quickly you want it to go) sanity, health and/or money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
von gRaven
Germany
Lübeck
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In Germany it is very common to use Loopin' Louie for this. When you lost your chicken chips you have to drink. Repeat.

But I do not know if this is what you want to look for. It is more like getting drunk incredibly fast. All parties with this game were actually ended by this game very early for everyone who played whistle

Therefore it might be a good idea to play with 5 or more to exchange players... or if you want to involve the rest of the people use the "co-pilot" rule: Every player has a "co-pilot" who also has to drink when his buddy fails devil

It was always fun and always a disaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DickHams wrote:
Looking for games that force you - or can be modified to force you - to drink while you play. GO!

Pretty much any game could be modified with some imagination. Drink every time you score points in Carcassonne, when have to pick up card in Cheat, when you go on a mission in The Resistance.

It's not what I'd chose to do myself but I expect you'll have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.