Arcadia Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brenna and her Lightning Strike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Nelson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Haven't been able to find anything on the forums concerning this (surprisingly - to me).

Namely, does Brenna's added damage with her ability count as attack damage?

For example, if I roll 2 hits in a melee attack but the monster requires 3 for an overkill, would using Brennas ability to take a wound/give a wound count towards the total for an overkill?

I would think not as the rules state that overkill must be total damage FROM AN ATTACK. Look up "attack" and it is defined as the use of a CARD (weapon, spell, item, etc).

If I'm correct then I think she also would not trigger an reactions from close monsters as she's not actually attacking them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that because she is a retail after KS character, that there are relatively fewer people who have her card. Looking at her card text though, it seems you have the right of it. Her card reads "Once per activation, she may take 1 Wound to deal 1 Wound to all close enemies".

Her lightning strike ability does not count as an attack, cannot be added to an attack roll, cannot be saved by the enemy by rolling defense, and does not trigger a payback reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand her ability it works much like traps do. She takes a wound to just give them out to surrounding enemies. I've used it to "finish off" an enemy that is barely hanging on in many scenarios. Because it is not an attack you are right that no defense is rolled and no payback or guard reactions are triggered.

Brenna is one of my favorite heroes for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you attack, there you are giving hits. If you throw enough hits then is overkill, if not then monster takes wound(s). That ability works just to give wound before or after attack.
If monster before attack need just 1 wound to die, you use this abbility an kill him without attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.