Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for this, I've played this game for years but am rusty.

What does it cost a German unit to leave a zone into an uncontested area?

I see 'all' on arrows connecting each zone to their adjacent areas as well as to other zones. This seems to me that it would call all movement factors.

Yet in the L2 rules on zones, 14, it says "a unit beginning its Impulse in a Zone may move to an Area normally, paying the entrance costs of that Area and may continue movement to other Areas if sufficient MFs are available."

But if I am paying 'all' MFs to enter from a zone, I would not have sufficient MFs available.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was "all" to enter a Zone (so either Zone to Zone, or from the final areas on the map to a Zone), but normal movement costs to leave a Zone and enter the map.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeb13603 wrote:
I thought it was "all" to enter a Zone (so either Zone to Zone, or from the final areas on the map to a Zone), but normal movement costs to leave a Zone and enter the map.

Mike

This is right. "All" to leave the an area to go into a zone or to move zone to zone, but whatever the normal, variable MF cost is to move from a zone to an area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I think it must be a map misprint because it has the arrow that says 'all' going both ways, as if it takes all MPs to enter an Area from a Zone as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
Thanks guys. I think it must be a map misprint because it has the arrow that says 'all' going both ways, as if it takes all MPs to enter an Area from a Zone as well.

Huh. I've never noticed that. (I don't have my map in front of me.)

Anyway, a standard German move early on the 7th is running air interdiction from the Zones to send Lehr to Tilly/Villers/[the middle], and at least some of the SS to Caen. The BKN competitive scene calls it the "Trail of Tears" -- the whole point is the hope you don't get stopped. Heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon further review, I am a dummy...

It says ALL on the arrow pointing towards the zone from the area, and from zone to zone. The arrow pointing from zone to area does not say anything.

Thanksguys, I need to drink more water...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.