Subject: My and my lady's first painted MINIS!!! (Vote the best) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
This game was our first game which included miniatures and with it came a new hobby, painting minis!

At first I have to say thanks to
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hullo!
mbmbmbmbmb
and his videos. His video Sorastro's Zombicide: Black Plague Painting Guide Ep.1 - The Zombies showed us how we should paint. Sorastro's zombies are so magical!

The game is very excellent and entertaining. Killing zombies is so fun in medieval. Hit with the sword, slashing with the axe, shooting with the fireballs and crossbows! Together we kill and together we will die.

So this is my and my lady's first time painting miniatures and now we got ready first 18 zombies. And what we can say of painting... It is fun and a nice shared pastime!

And here we go!

And of course a little poll

Poll
Which of them were better?
First 9 zombies
Last 9 zombies
      18 answers
Poll created by Linssi89
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My and my lady's first painted MINIS!!!
Firstly, welcome to Zcide!

Next, I think it's really awesome that you and your lady are doing this together... People often think of Board Gaming as a hobby, as being a solo effort when it comes to things like painting minis. Kudos to you folks for jumping in on it together!

RE: Poll -

I chose the second set of Zs primarily because I prefer the pallid complexion on zombies over the more green appearance. But that's mostly a personal preference. They're all great, particularly in the context of first time effort. I'd be proud to have any of them on my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A sincere and slightly envious Nice Work to both of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its very hard to pick which I like better, as both sets are fantastic! Great job both of you. I also went with the second set due to the color of the skin appealing to me more. That being said, I would pay money to you or your wife for similar quality work on some of my minis if you were interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice!! I`ve a zombicide and a mini boardgame player for a long time but can never find the time, talent or patience to paint. NICE JOB!
Liked the second set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Hey thanks guys for comments!!! We appreciate those comments and that cheers us to keep up good work and making at least as good job as these zombies are. Of course there are couple mistakes when looking through a magnifying glass whistle

And when it comes to that skin tone, we decided to make others look older than others so one of us had to paint them greener.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those minis are looking really nice. Keep up the good work! I couldn't decide which I like better, so I didn't vote (yet). ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mb
My Lady starting helping me paint Zombicide Black Plague figures, she did the hair on one. Still waiting on the rest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Zakoholic wrote:
Those minis are looking really nice. Keep up the good work! I couldn't decide which I like better, so I didn't vote (yet). ninja

Thanks Zakoholic, we keep!

Digimortal wrote:
My Lady starting helping me paint Zombicide Black Plague figures, she did the hair on one. Still waiting on the rest

Need to start with something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Really nice work. I really had to nitpick to figure this one out. Ultimately chose to vote for the last 9 because I like the color palette slightly better. Seemed to utilize more contrasting colors to really make the details stand out. As far as quality goes, both sets are fantastically done. If you hadn't told us this was your first set and that two people were painting them, I'd have thought they were painted by a single experienced miniature painter.

I totally get what you two were going for with some zombies looking older than others. I did something similar. Using a paler shade of fair skin tone for "newer" zombies and pale green for "older" more necrotic zombies. Nice that the game comes with so many you have plenty to experiment on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Very much thanks, rican919. We appreciate your words! thumbsup You do not know how much those plaudits mean. We'll add more photos here when the new 18 zombies are finish. During the next week should be ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.