BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: CabinCon 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
After the rousing success of Cabin Con, we're doing another one in 2017!

We are going to Sundance and Redwood cabins about an hour south of Pittsburgh. VRBO Listing #1, VRBO Listing #2. CabinCon 2017 will run April 27-30.

Housing Update:

I have a soft booking for the Pittsburgh cabins the last weekend of April.

It requires a deposit of 50%, so I'm going to go ahead and say that people need to submit a $50 deposit per person if you are interested in holding your spot! As soon as I get 20ish deposits, I'll fully book the place, and we can start working on the sleeping arrangements.

How do I submit my deposit?

Use Chase Quick Pay/Paypal (making sure to select friends and family)/other similar system to my email: ljsaxton822@gmaildotcom (replace dot with a period).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Royals! *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*
badge
The Real Rafiki
mbmbmbmbmb
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
The location was very very good - but do we open up other Summer dates if we don't limit ourselves to same cabin?

Worth considering, IMO. A long Independence Day weekend would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

Not *really*. There are pretty consistent existing cons every month from the end of May through August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

If you could also do July 4th weekend, thumb this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

If you absolutely CANNOT make July 4th weekend, thumb this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
The Real Rafiki
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Not *really*. There are pretty consistent existing cons every month from the end of May through August.

I was specifically thinking July 4th weekend as that was where you jumped to first as well before seeing that the cabin we just did was already booked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is going to come down to a sheer numbers thing because there are already a handful of people that can't make every option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
Yeah, I almost commented on the date I can't make.
But then I was like....every date has someone that couldn't make it.
I think making it a numbers thing is probably a good idea as opposed to trying to lobby or anything.
Keep it simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's early for me, but I'll try to make it. It kind of depends on when the people who visit me come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(AMY-KINZ)
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
It's a happy-go-moinkaly lucky shpadoinklely...dayyyy
mbmbmbmbmb
I do hope it's not 4 th of July weekend! I want everyone to come to Dice Tower con and I want to come to CabinCon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Prime
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

Was the location very good? The cabin was awesome, but the physical location seemed okay. There weren't nearby airports at all, for example.

(To be clear, I support the same cabin, I loved it, but if we don't have a driver each year from a nearby major city several hours away, I don't know how we're going to get there.)

It was picked for being centrally located, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Mason
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it might be easier to coordinate if we can fly in and/or take metro/shuttle/whatever in. I did that for Rathcon and it worked well.

I did like half-cat, though it might be creepy sleeping next to some of the animals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Mason
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
Yeah, it might be easier to coordinate if we can fly in and/or take metro/shuttle/whatever in. I did that for Rathcon and it worked well.

I did like half-cat, though it might be creepy sleeping next to some of the animals.

How well did it work this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
WOOOOOOOOOO CONVENTION SEASON!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:

LOL I assure you no one did this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Yeah, I almost commented on the date I can't make.
But then I was like....every date has someone that couldn't make it.
I think making it a numbers thing is probably a good idea as opposed to trying to lobby or anything.
Keep it simple.

I mean, in that case we should pop the same time up there too, right? This was only suggested to try and space things out, not because people couldn't make the same time, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
The Real Rafiki
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Was the location very good? The cabin was awesome, but the physical location seemed okay. There weren't nearby airports at all, for example.

(To be clear, I support the same cabin, I loved it, but if we don't have a driver each year from a nearby major city several hours away, I don't know how we're going to get there.)

I do agree on airports. The nearest airports also had limited flight time options.

The cabin was great and the general location was great for many in driving distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

I do agree on airports. The nearest airports also had limited flight time options.

The cabin was great and the general location was great for many in driving distance.

I don't know that we'd be able to find the same sort of cabin setup with easy access to public transportation?

I have stayed in some excellent (and large) cabins in the Smoky Mountains.
But the nearest airport to them (Knoxville, TN) is still 45 minutes away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Prime
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
I could easily not know what I'm talking about.

I just remember struggling to find nearby, large and cheap enough flights. (Within a couple hours.) It might just be a me problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
The Real Rafiki
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

I don't know that we'd be able to find the same sort of cabin setup with easy access to public transportation?

I have stayed in some excellent (and large) cabins in the Smoky Mountains.
But the nearest airport to them (Knoxville, TN) is still 45 minutes away.

I really enjoyed the drive as it gave me extra time with Bobby, Terri and Tok.

But all of the airport options were 2-4 hours away from this particular location. 45 minutes would be pretty accessible by comparison
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Prime
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

But all of the airport options were 2-4 hours away from this particular location. 45 minutes would be pretty accessible by comparison

Yeah, our drive was probably one of the highlights of my trip, heh. But I would be nervous to count on available seats from someone every year, I guess. There was a lot of coordination involved with getting someone to meet me at the airport at a specific time, make sure they were driving through the right city, didn't mind leaving at a certain time, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Yeah, our drive was probably one of the highlights of my trip, heh. But I would be nervous to count on available seats from someone every year, I guess. There was a lot of coordination involved with getting someone to meet me at the airport at a specific time, make sure they were driving through the right city, didn't mind leaving at a certain time, etc.

I know we talked about centralizing that process, btw, and I'd be happy to be the volunteer coordinator if we don't end up in a late-April slot. (I can come to things in late April, but you don't want me coordinating your ride in early April, heh!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! <3
badge
"Work like a Captain. Play like a Pirate!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I may sound bias since I live here, but Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world and may have more convenient flight schedules for everyone. There are some great cabins in the North Georgia mountains about 90 minutes to two hours away.

I will come next year no matter where it is as long as it doesn't fall on Labor Day weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do your best, and that is enough.
badge
Assume at any given point I'm just screaming internally.
mbmbmbmbmb
I harbour very likely impossible desires to attend this heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
The Real Rafiki
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
I harbour very likely impossible desires to attend this heh.

My wife is highly encouraging attending any potential EuroCon fwiw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.