29.1% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has several friends who have been talking about how awesome MTG is, and I'd like the opportunity to teach him about drafting and deckbuilding without dropping very much bank. As such, I'm wondering if anyone has a box full of (un)commons and some lands they'd be willing to send my way if I cover shipping. Doesn't need to be balanced or competitive, though I would prefer it to include all 5 colors. Anyone want to help a gaming dad out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could. But sending cards from Switzerland would probably be too expensive.

You could also consider Epic Card Game as it is very similar to Magic and very inexpensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might just want to look for a Deckbuilder's Toolkit at your local Walmart or Target. It gives you a good chunk of basic cards, lands, and a few packs. They go for about $20 and should be good for 2 players to learn with.

You'd probably spend about that much on shipping for a small collection, and may not even have lands to go with it.

Here's one on CoolStuff: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/221775
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kraus
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check eBay. You can get bulk commons and Uncommons for about 10-12 for a thousand. Then buy some bulk lands which should be about $10 and you are set to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a cube work? There is a really good Novice Cube that was put together on Reddit, I have been drafting it with my wife and we really like it. One caveat, it is a bit of work to order all these specific cards, but it produces a much better result than random Common/Uncommon lots if you are trying to draft and don't want to do a lot of hit & miss cube design on your own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgcube/comments/3d55i5/the_novice_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In general, bulk cards cost about as much and sometimes more to ship as they're actually worth to sell. As a result, your best bet is to find someone you can meet with in person who has bulk to move and would be happy to be able to realize some money for it without the shipping overhead. You might find such a person on whatever local used-goods facebook group, craigslist, kijiji, or whatever method you have for finding local people buying and selling stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.