Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Man...for the first time ever I am about to ask for a refund. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
I did not forget to fill out a pledge manager, I actually requested to late back, and was told I would be give a current backer's spot if they cancelled. Nothing was mentioned about late delivery when they contacted me to pledge.

I have been patient, and quite courteous in correspondence with CMON since the delays. I have not whined or been rude. But at this point, I have been told "probably this week" or " by the end of next week" since June. The excitement is completely sapped at this point, and I would about rather just back other things, since I have spent months waiting and getting told of anothet delay.

I wish I would havenjust bought retail back in january. So, I just wanted to vent a little, I think they make some great games, but the communication and failure to deliver are getting me close to just seeking other games going forward exclusives arent worth waiting a year longer than retail release and having nothing - which is almost where it is at...with no end in sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as late backer you are at the very end of the line im afraid, which was mentioned in the campaign.

i feel your pain but i do think the wait is worth it, once you get it all you can enjoy it for longer than the wait itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
as late backer you are at the very end of the line im afraid, which was mentioned in the campaign.

i feel your pain but i do think the wait is worth it, once you get it all you can enjoy it for longer than the wait itself.

Yeah, I bought it at retail like a muppet and am spending an absolute fortune on expansion content. :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, you backed this on kickstarter and haven't got it yet? That's completely unacceptable. Now I'm worried I'm going to get screwed on Rum & Bones Second Tide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

Yeah, I bought it at retail like a muppet and am spending an absolute fortune on expansion content. :O

At least you have it and can enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Wow, you backed this on kickstarter and haven't got it yet? That's completely unacceptable. Now I'm worried I'm going to get screwed on Rum & Bones Second Tide.

no exactly, he is a late backer.

@OP I`m sorry, but trust me, as someone that missed season 3, waiting is worth it.
Of course is your right to determine that the wait is not and if you go that way I would say hope you find a game you enjoy with that money But if you think you would enjoy zombicide or go for the retail version just wait. Some people think the retail version is worth it, imo zombicide in my book is either KS or no at all.

good luck; I really feel your pain and hope you get it soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask for a refund? Do it. Then come back on this site in 3 months and complain about how you haven't gotten your refund yet.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
Some people think the retail version is worth it, imo zombicide in my book is either KS or no at all.

I feel the same way. All the extras keep the variety going that much longer. I had the base set while I waited for Wave 2. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I do now.
The extra necromancers and abominations add a lot.

OP, that's a crap position. Sorry.

I hope that if you decide to wait it out you find it worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand where you're coming from and while I find that the retail version is fine as it is, I think you should try to be patient. Otherwise you might regret not getting the exclusives if you buy it retail and really like the game. Of course this doesn't help if you have no interest in the game anymore, in which case you're right and you should ask for a refund.

ninjadorg wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

I feel you! Fortunately I got a really good deal on a Knight Pledge without the base game. I sold two of the special guest boxes (Naiade and Marc Simonetti) and bought other expansions with that money.

mournful wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
Some people think the retail version is worth it, imo zombicide in my book is either KS or no at all.

I feel the same way. All the extras keep the variety going that much longer. I had the base set while I waited for Wave 2. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I do now.
The extra necromancers and abominations add a lot.

OP, that's a crap position. Sorry.

I hope that if you decide to wait it out you find it worth it.

The base set is definitely worth it in my opinion. The added variety is nice but the base game is a ton of fun nonetheless and if the game is getting a little stale after a while you could just go for the retail expansions. Sure, it's more expensive that way, but if you're selective in what you buy (and you're not a completionist ) it's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightsbane wrote:
...I actually requested to late back,...

So, you just had to get in on the 'good deal'...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Khan
msg tools
mbmbmb
How about getting a retail base version now and selling it used when then Kickstarter delivers? The decrease in value is probably less than what you would pay if you buy exclusives afterwards.

You could even sell the new base set probably without a loss ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Phat
msg tools
Hey man.

I'm in the same exact boat as you. As of a week ago, I was told by the end of September, but that's after the end of August and the end of July and yeah.

Hang in there, man. We'll get it eventually, right?

..sigh.

P.S. I'm in Boston for what it's worth, you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I am going to decide by the end of the week. It's just sapped my interest, with all this waiting. I am now terrified of my masmorra late pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:

You'll be fine.
He not only late backed, but apparently asked to be accepted as a super late backer. The op is at the absolute bottom of the list for delivery.
He'll get it after the guy who ordered from the antarctic research station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:

He not only late backed, but apparently asked to be accepted as a super late backer. The op is at the absolute bottom of the list for delivery.

I don't know if I'd give them that much credit for organization. I was a regular backer, and I've been waiting two months now for my Knight Pack, which was omitted accidentally from my order. Late backers like the OP and people with messed up orders like myself have all been waiting on the post-KS wave of shipments from China. But CMON's priorities for filling those orders are haphazard at best. I got a quick reply two months ago, but nothing since, so I contacted them again. I was told they "haven't forgotten about me", but that they are short-handed and are filling current web orders along with late backers and replacements. So I paid before both of those other groups, yet my missing items don't have any priority over new customers, for example. That's crap.

Aside from that, I didn't mind the overall delay in delivery, since we all shared that. But it's taking way too long to fix mistakes like mine. And I agree that the base game is plenty fun. It's hit the table many times at my place. But given the option to wait a bit and get the mountain of KS goodies, that part is a no-brainer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
Every time I call CMON support number I have always had a positive experience. ( You can find their number on your paypal receipt)

I pledged in April, that's a super super late pledge. I will be getting my stuff in the "4th" wave which is the one they are waiting for product to arrive still. I was able to get all the goodies in the KS so I don't mind a crazy long wait.

As for Masmorra and Inferno, I asked if they could unlock my pledge so I could add a base set for my friend and they did. Also they explained that since shipping labels have not been made yet, it would not delay my pledge by adding more stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
The problem most miss in this post is that I was not a "knowing" super late backer. I was told I would only get in if I could take the place of an existing backer that had refunded. Had I been told this wait was part of it, I would have passed. This hold on that much of my money is not worth it.

Comparatively, I late backed gloomhaven a few weeks ago, and it may arrive before last year's black plague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, given it thought and decided today, if it is delayed again, past the next two weeks - I intend to cancel the pledge, as well as all other current pending CMON pledges.

They make great games, with kickstarters that are a good deal! This sort of execution and communication just isn't for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightsbane wrote:
The problem most miss in this post is that I was not a "knowing" super late backer. I was told I would only get in if I could take the place of an existing backer that had refunded. Had I been told this wait was part of it, I would have passed. This hold on that much of my money is not worth it.

Comparatively, I late backed gloomhaven a few weeks ago, and it may arrive before last year's black plague.

I'm with you that they definitely need to change their communication practices.

They disclose little, if anything, up front if you decide to order directly through them (via pledgemanager without kickstarter). It's particularly bad, since they use multiple media sources inconsistently to trickle out info (e.g. kickstarter, facebook, their CMON site). So if you don't know where to actively look, you're often out of the loop.

I think they need a big honkin' disclaimer on their pledge manager, particularly if you're pledging late. And they need to email pledge manager participants directly with news.

As others have stated, you will eventually get your stuff though!

edit: Oh, and their customer service reps are super helpful and friendly. If you use email though, be prepared to wait a few weeks for an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
They disclose little, if anything, up front if you decide to order directly through them (via pledgemanager without kickstarter). It's particularly bad, since they use multiple media sources inconsistently to trickle out info (e.g. kickstarter, facebook, their CMON site). So if you don't know where to actively look, you're often out of the loop.

That exactly, as if it were your* fault...
*the pledger's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Phat
msg tools
Hey, I got my stuff today so hope you get yours soon! Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
You got your stuff? What wave do you think you made 3rd or 4th?

When did you pledge and was it a late one? Mine was in April and still nothing not even a tracking number yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I just happened to check MyUSPS and saw a package label from Alpharetta (where their HQ is) had been created. Couldn't be anything but my missing items. Sure enough, the next day I got an e-mail from support saying my issue was resolved. I guess we'll see what actually arrives in a few days.

For the record, I was a regular KS backer who ordered a ton of extra stuff. They left something out, and I contacted them 3 months ago about it. So...3 months to finally receive something. I was prepared for 1 month, since I knew replacements were coming in the final wave. But I wasn't prepared to sit behind late backers, late late backers, and people placing new orders via their website. Not cool considering how long ago I paid. I'm definitely keeping this in mind when deciding how (and how much) to back their future projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Package arrived today. My Knight Box was inside, so my main problem was finally rectified. I now have all my Knight-level exclusives. I expected it to stop there, as I also complained about how poorly my plastic objective tokens were painted (between paint drizzles across the black bits, and the one objective being much lighter than the rest, I could identify about half of them 100% of the time). But CMON also included a baggie containing a new set of markers that I assume they eyeballed before sending. The two colored objectives are no longer on the extreme light/dark ends of the spectrum, and at first glance none of these have red paint drizzles on them. There is still quite a bit of variation in the paint jobs, but between this and my original set I feel confident I can cobble together one useful batch.

Good luck to anyone else waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
CMON still saying that the shipment department is standing by the promise to finish shipping by the end of this week. So, that is potentially good news.

If it ships by this week, good deal. If they somehow delay it again, I'm going to refund it all. At least I have decided, and I'm not even angry. It is just a business decision at this point.

Lastly, to those that continue yo post about not reading fine print, I will clarify one more time that I late backed directly through CMON, receiving a link to back through facebook from a known employee. I was never given, nor told about fine print. I was told wave 2, not 3, not 4, not fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.