7,507 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: War of the Ring: Warriors or Middle Earth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question - does anyone know of a store (either in CBR or online) that is taking pre-orders for this expansion that will include the two promo cards..?

I called up Games Capital and they had no idea what I was talking about, and didn't even know that the game was being released this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know about it either. But now I do, I needeses it, too, precious!

Advent games might do it if you contact them - they do tend to do a good range of preorders. I'd jump on that preorder train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I have first edition - would these guys be compatible or would I *have* to get a copy of second edition to us them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
I have first edition - would these guys be compatible or would I *have* to get a copy of second edition to us them?

Compatible with 1st ed? - summary appears to be kinda but will look different if you don't have the upgrade kit.

I forgot to say that nothing is popping for it on the boardgamesearch website. Though Unhalfbricking has a good range of the current WotR stuff, and does Essen preorders usually (though I have no idea if this is an Essen release), so he might be another good option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Torben.

Looks like I'll need to seek out the upgrade kit as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsure

A lot of these characters were originally part of the Battles of Third Age expansion for the first edition, but that expansion is long out of print and hard to come by

You can (and should) probably get your hands on the 2nd Ed. upgrade kit (although I have no idea where you would find it), and then this expansion would integrate perfectly. That way you wouldn't have to buy the whole game again

Edit: beaten to the response.. thanks Torben! =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.