Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Luke Ryder arrived in the mail today, got in three plays.

I like the game, but I do have to say I'm flummoxed.?. First two games were losses, the third game was a win. Now that's nothing unusual, but the first two games I was able to trash about half of my starting cards. And the second game, I was not able to trash anything, but yet that is the game where I won? Weird.

I realize that maybe I got a little better at the game in those first two games, but I'm puzzled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some luck in the game since there are dice rolls on the cards. If the enemy rolls a lot of 6's the game can be tough. Also, you can lose if a lot of enemy cards come out and your card are not strong enough. The game is really fun when it comes down to the wire and you you are forced to make a tough choice of either boosting your defense or attacking the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah totally agree.
At least in my games it seemed to favor a defense strategy, well at least building it up early on. I don't know, more plays will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flann, I sent you a Geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.