42% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Do you keep CMON miniatures in the cardboard boxes/plastic inserts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Fry
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not quite sure if I should keep the miniatures in these boxes. I don't think they would really get damaged by being loose in the box, and they take up quite a lot of space. How do you guys store your cmon miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, I have the minis bagged and stored in two of the expansion boxes although I still keep the Apoc minis in the original box. I'm not sure what I'll do once I start painting them. I'm holding out for a Broken Token solution but last time I checked they did not have a plan yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to keep the Zombicide minis in the compartmented containers from Hobby Lobby. I can get 2-3 painted minis safely per compartment, which means that I think I can get all of TO:7S into one container.

Then I label the tops with a label maker so I can quickly locate a particular hero by name.

Spacewise, one of those containers will definitely be less than all the team boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steprov wrote:

Ah - you've found (and obviously opened) Pandora's Box!

EDIT: BTW I notice that you've typo'd Apocalypse on your label... I won't tell anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:

Ah - you've found (and obviously opened) Pandora's Box!

EDIT: BTW I notice that you've typo'd Apocalypse on your label... I won't tell anyone.

Based on the typo, I'd say he probably opened a Mother Box, and it went straight to auto-correct mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good lord no. I throw everything away and just baggie it up in the main box. It fits everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the CMON packages. It does basically what I tend to do with my boxes, make things fit nicely without figures touching.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painter so I try to put in some containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us that paint our minis, throwing them in a bag doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

I hope to some day paint them, so I put them in a container that will protect them when I finally get around to painting them.

Hopefully the plastic doesn't degrade before I get around to painting them in 15 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick - my advice is to not look at it as painting this big project. Break it down into smaller bites - all the heroes, the sculpts of one baddie, etc. Slowly, but surely, you'll have a fully painted set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Rick - my advice is to not look at it as painting this big project. Break it down into smaller bites - all the heroes, the sculpts of one baddie, etc. Slowly, but surely, you'll have a fully painted set.

Yes, but the 15 years is to get through my Ral Partha minis, then my Reaper Dark Heaven metals, then Dwarven Forge caverns, then Reaper Bones, then....

Actually, with these I'm hoping to airbrush & wash most of the sins without too much detailing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I'll be keeping them in their plastic trays.

Even in the trays I've got a few warped figures. Mainly women like River, Hell Club ladies & female musicians. (I gather I can just heat them up in boiling water & straighten them out without hurting them?)

I'll be painting them at some point as well, so I'd be extra scared to throw them in a bag or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

This is precisely why I like the packaging that comes in the game. Isn't that what you'd want for your painted figs? Separated sections for each figure, that won't spill around while traveling?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artistix wrote:
Even in the trays I've got a few warped figures. Mainly women like River, Hell Club ladies & female musicians. (I gather I can just heat them up in boiling water & straighten them out without hurting them?)

Heat them up in water that's just been boiled, straighten them, then dunk in ice-cold water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fry
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
shnar wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

This is precisely why I like the packaging that comes in the game. Isn't that what you'd want for your painted figs? Separated sections for each figure, that won't spill around while traveling?

-shnar

I keep my painted minis in bags. They seem to hold up just fine with a clearcoat. Maybe I'm just a madman thoughdevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

-shnar

Yup. I totally appreciate the CMoN inserts. Mine go right back into their trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
steprov wrote:

What material are you using. I want to build a few compartments for all the minis inside a few of these
and am looking for ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
gamerfry wrote:
shnar wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

-shnar

I keep my painted minis in bags. They seem to hold up just fine with a clearcoat. Maybe I'm just a madman thoughdevil

Depending on the level of effort I put into the figures, I use different storage solutions. Many of my games have painted figures grouped together in compartments/trays, and with a couple layers of clear coat, I've never noticed any of them being scratched up. If your games are mainly set on your shelf, and not shaken around too much, they're likely going to be just fine. If you are constantly taking your games to other places, so the boxes are being shaken around all the time, you'll need to be a bit more careful. As long as the figures are not actively rubbing against one another, or smashed tightly together, a simple layer of clear coat will be all you need to protect the paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started to break out the heroes into a separate container, but it wasn't going to be worth it.

I would have had two containers and then I'd still have to figure out how to bundle the tiles, acolytes, etc.

So, undoing what I started, and in this case the CMoN containers aren't too wasteful.

Plus, my wife preferred I keep the boxes because she likes the look of the sins and heroes lined up with the core and Apocalypse boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
What material are you using.

It looks like standard foamcore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
rvinyard wrote:

Plus, my wife preferred I keep the boxes because she likes the look of the sins and heroes lined up with the core and Apocalypse boxes.

I'm in the opposite boat, my wife doesn't want the games displayed in the house, so I have 2 large shelves out of site to put all of the games. If I kept all of the boxes, just this game would take up about 20% of my total space, so I'm going to be doing everything I can to reduce the number of boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fry
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
markblasco wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

I'm in the opposite boat, my wife doesn't want the games displayed in the house, so I have 2 large shelves out of site to put all of the games. If I kept all of the boxes, just this game would take up about 20% of my total space, so I'm going to be doing everything I can to reduce the number of boxes.

Are you ok? Do you need someone to talk to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
What material are you using.

It looks like standard foamcore.

I've heard of it, but never used it before. Is it pretty easy to find and work with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.