Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Miller
Australia
Brisbane City
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears to me that in a 3 or 4 player game, you could seriously hamper your opponents starting farm by drawing mostly equipment and buildings in the first turn, and keeping just one crop or livestock that you play in front of you before passing all the less useful cards. If everyone did this, I'm not sure how well the game would play in turns 2, 3 and 4 with a serious lack of 'economy' cards. I quite like the 2 player drafting mechanism for the game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

But your opponents will be able to use the cards they first choose too, so they will be able to get fields and livestocks too. And remember that if you draw an awful hand for yourself, you will get it back.

Anyhow, I'm not sure this could be a valid strategy (I guess that most players around the tables should do it in order to work and then you'll see other players drawing all these cards), and even if it could, it's not a fun way to play games IMO. The point is not only to win, is to have fun trying to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Fields of Green. Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:

But your opponents will be able to use the cards they first choose too, so they will be able to get fields and livestocks too. And remember that if you draw an awful hand for yourself, you will get it back.

Not only you will get it back but any potentially useful cards for an early game may have already been used by your opponents.

Farm Drafting requires wise choices cool (just said that to say the term I invented )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Miller
Australia
Brisbane City
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes. Sorry, I missed the part where the draft direction reverses. Makes sense now. And I wholeheartedly agree that the point is not just to win but to have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jelle Kaptijn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in a three player game it could be a valid strategy for the last one to pick his cards in the first round to pick one field, one construction and four buildings. He will have one less usefull card en the other players one or two (depening on the usefullness of the construction). He himself can pick usefull card from his opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.