Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Barksdale
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Is there a limit to the number of stacks each SIDE (not major power) can put have in a certain country? As I read Book III, Rule 82, Pt. B, it reads that obviously you are putting up AMB as a, "Major Power". Indeed, all the examples of how to lay out your AMB stacks are done by saying, "Each Power..."

But I see no limit to the number of AMB stacks that a SIDE can have. Rule 82-C, "Each STACK may contain at most 2 AMB counters, no matter which value or which nationality".

As I read that and have always played that, during the Winter Interphase and the placing of stacks or during the 1914 Entry during set-up. Think about it. The example they give on 82-C shows that both sides alternate--with one side randomly placing all his stacks first. Not each Major Power. The example says, "The allies" or "Centrals". So, clearly, each stack can have, at most 2 counters.

However, that is different from how you are supposed to set up in 1914. Say you're playing a four player game. The French set up after Belgium. So, the French player forms his stacks from what he is given in the scenario. When he is done, then the Russian Player goes later in the set-up. Say the Russian player sets up his stacks and he wants to place his stack in the same area (say it's Turkey, or Italy because of its importance in the set-up for the 1914 game. I see nothing wrong with both POWERS having units in the same country.

I came across this because I saw how weird it was to see see four AMB counters for the Entente in Turkey--but again, after I read the rules about 19 times for Rule 82, I didn't see anything that was wrong. Thoughts? Help?

Thanks,boys...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey H
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soprismb wrote:
Is there a limit to the number of stacks each SIDE (not major power) can put have in a certain country? As I read Book III, Rule 82, Pt. B, it reads that obviously you are putting up AMB as a, "Major Power". Indeed, all the examples of how to lay out your AMB stacks are done by saying, "Each Power..."

But I see no limit to the number of AMB stacks that a SIDE can have. Rule 82-C, "Each STACK may contain at most 2 AMB counters, no matter which value or which nationality".

As I read that and have always played that, during the Winter Interphase and the placing of stacks or during the 1914 Entry during set-up. Think about it. The example they give on 82-C shows that both sides alternate--with one side randomly placing all his stacks first. Not each Major Power. The example says, "The allies" or "Centrals". So, clearly, each stack can have, at most 2 counters.

However, that is different from how you are supposed to set up in 1914. Say you're playing a four player game. The French set up after Belgium. So, the French player forms his stacks from what he is given in the scenario. When he is done, then the Russian Player goes later in the set-up. Say the Russian player sets up his stacks and he wants to place his stack in the same area (say it's Turkey, or Italy because of its importance in the set-up for the 1914 game. I see nothing wrong with both POWERS having units in the same country.

Max 2 counters per side - see 82-G. Make change if you can, but be careful when adding AMB that you dont have more than 2 countries AMB in a target.

When setting up per the 1914 scenerio, it is NOT done in order of set up.

The 1914 scenerio is set up per the entry into war rules. Ambs are placed in IV part 4, and then prewar diplomacy is resolved. Then additional AMB are placed per section V.

You will also get some additional AMB in the September reinforcement phase which is after the first diplomacy phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.