Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone got any pictures of the figures that come in the retail box (or the KS originals if they are the same. Just how bad are they?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I aksed this question a year ago and this is the thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1393258/does-retail-version...

In short , if you purchase the main base game you will get the original figures, they are 25mm Scale. The detail is lacking no where near super duper games work shop quality. THey are board game quality plain and simple and work very well for what they are intended.

I went ahead and got the updated set.. (its only the 4 heroes and zarakov)
They are 28-32mm scale, the detail improved and size much better with all the other miniatures in the rest of the expansions for the original Guardian Chronicles.

As indicated in the thread and as TRJ has said in the new kickstater, the upgrade miniatures can be purchased cheaply.

AS much heat and angst as this issue created in the KS original campiagn, as a retail consumer i thought the miniatures were absolutley fine to play with on thier own. It only shows when you mix the expansion heroes in.. you can see the size difference and its a little anoying. The upgrades fixed that hands down..

this is my Superheroe go to game, period!.. fantastic systemm cosmetics aside.

Ill try and get a photo up for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i found the minis from the expansion quite good for what it is.

the only real problem was the heroes from the base game (but you can buy a better version),and the awful sisters vilains.

but the cards are really good,a lot of different illustrations and a good quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to you both Pictures would be great, one mans Awesome is another mans 'meh' after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
Thanks to you both Pictures would be great, one mans Awesome is another mans 'meh' after all

you have pictures here,in the gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
So I took the plunge and bought the retail version for £15 (about $19). I have to say I was quite impressed with the minis, especially the villians, which I think are excllent

Sure next to none of them are actually standing up straight, but thats an easy fix. And one or 2 of the Heroes faces are not especially detailed, but overall I thought they were pretty good.

Not actually played the game yet, but the content looks good. Why on earth did they need such a stupidly large box though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.