Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- About sacrificing power: can I do it anytime or only when executing a power action? For instance, can I sacrifice 5 power to send 5 power to bowl III, then immediately trade those 5 powers for a priest that I use right away to send to a cult track as my main action?

2- Is it legit to grow two separate towns, earning a town token + key each time and then link them in the final turn with a bridge to grab the biggest town bonus at game end? I guess so but wanted to clarify.

3- Does biggest town also include those buildings only accessible by boat or only those directly connected?

4- If I understand correctly, I can only earn a maximum of 5 favor tiles (3 for building each temple, 1 for the sanctuary and one for building again another temple once the sanctuary is built). Is this right?

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
1- About sacrificing power: can I do it anytime or only when executing a power action? For instance, can I sacrifice 5 power to send 5 power to bowl III, then immediately trade those 5 powers for a priest that I use right away to send to a cult track as my main action?

Yes, you may sacrifice during your turn regardless of the action your took or are going to take.

fardoche wrote:
2- Is it legit to grow two separate towns, earning a town token + key each time and then link them in the final turn with a bridge to grab the biggest town bonus at game end? I guess so but wanted to clarify.

Yes, it's legit. But see below.

fardoche wrote:
3- Does biggest town also include those buildings only accessible by boat or only does directly connected?

VP are not awarded fro the "biggest town", but for the "largest network". You count the structures you connected via direct and indirect connection (i.e.: shipping, tunneling, carpet flight).

fardoche wrote:
4- If I understand correctly, I can only earn a maximum of 5 favor tiles (3 for building each temple, 1 for the sanctuary and one for building again another temple once the sanctuary is built). Is this right?

Correct, even if Chaos Magicians take 2 favor tiles per temple and sanctuary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
fardoche wrote:

Also, if I remember correctly when playing as the Aurens, building their Stronghold allows you to get a one-off Favour tile as a reward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

yes.

fardoche wrote:

yes.

fardoche wrote:
3- Does biggest town also include those buildings only accessible by boat or only does directly connected?[/]
Connected = connected. That's what your ships are for.

[q="fardoche"]4- If I understand correctly, I can only earn a maximum of 5 favor tiles (3 for building each temple, 1 for the sanctuary and one for building again another temple once the sanctuary is built). Is this right?

Thanks for your help.

Depending on your race, but in general: yes! (Chaos Magicians)

edit: ninjad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
fardoche wrote:

Also, if I remember correctly when playing as the Aurens, building their Stronghold allows you to get a one-off Favour tile as a reward

And, when playing Ice Maidens you start the game with one Favor tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
Maximum number of favors possible:
- Chaos Magicians: 10 (twice as much as "normal")
- Auren: 6 (5 "normal", plus one from SH)
- Ice Maidens: 6 (5 "normal", plus one at setup)
- all other "normal" factions: 5 (3*TE, 1*SA, one more TE after SA is built)

[Edit] Since the game has 28 favors, in a 5p game with Chaos Magicians, you can theoretically run out of favors. More realistically, in such a game you may find yourself deciding against another temple because there are no interesting favors left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And while we're talking about Favor Tiles, don't forget this rule that is often overlooked or forgotten by new players: you can't take the same Favor Tile twice.
(This same restriction is NOT placed on Town Tiles, of which you can take multiples)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Shek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:

fardoche wrote:
3- Does biggest town also include those buildings only accessible by boat or only does directly connected?

VP are not awarded fro the "biggest town", but for the "largest network". You count the structures you connected via direct and indirect connection (i.e.: shipping, tunneling, carpet flight).

Just clarifying further as this may not be obvious for new TM players: To be eligible for counting towards your network for tunneling and carpet flight, players are not required to have tunneled/flew between the connecting spaces during the game. As long as the buildings are 'theoretically reachable' through tunneling or carpet flight then they count towards your network.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lscrock wrote:
Just clarifying further as this may not be obvious for new TM players: To be eligible for counting towards your network for tunneling and carpet flight, players are not required to have tunneled/flew between the connecting spaces during the game. As long as the buildings are 'theoretically reachable' through tunneling or carpet flight then they count towards your network.
...nor do the Dwarves/Fakirs have to save a bunch of workers/priests for the tunnels/carpet flights for these virtual connections (and even if they had: no points for that ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.