Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe McIntyre
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe I missed something but it seems that once the city size is reached players could simply pass during the action phase every turn until the game is over. The game itself never removes citizens in any way, so once you reach twelve the only way to lose is if players take actions that discard citizens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's still an individual winner. So unless you are all currently tied for leader, I don't see why you would do this?

Sure, two teams in Football(Soccer) could just kick around the ball for 2 hours and get a tie. But what's the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McIntyre
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Exactly. What's the point? If the only way you can lose is by making terrible decisions that lower the villager population than what point is there to build up the city except for thematic reasons? I feel like that lose condition is mainly superfluous. If the game killed villagers or raised the threat more often it would make building up the city an actual challenge. But as long as there are three valor cubes amongst the players you've basically won, unless someone makes the decision to discard villagers every chance they get or if someone keeps loading a private dungeon with threat cubes (which probably won't happen if the arcane guild isn't in play).
It seems like you'd have to purposefully lose.
I guess it just doesn't seem like the game fights back much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skullbucket wrote:
Exactly. What's the point? If the only way you can lose is by making terrible decisions that lower the villager population than what point is there to build up the city except for thematic reasons? I feel like that lose condition is mainly superfluous. If the game killed villagers or raised the threat more often it would make building up the city an actual challenge. But as long as there are three valor cubes amongst the players you've basically won, unless someone makes the decision to discard villagers every chance they get or if someone keeps loading a private dungeon with threat cubes (which probably won't happen if the arcane guild isn't in play).
It seems like you'd have to purposefully lose.
I guess it just doesn't seem like the game fights back much.

You are soo right. The coop part is super easy, while the vs part is totaly unbalanced. This game is terrible, i hate to admit it since i belived in it so much. My first kickstarter, the worst of them all.
This is not football. In boardgaming if you have a semi coop game both parts have to work. The vs game qorks in some way, the coop is almost imposible to loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.