Subject: Removing damaged rockets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Trying to get a spacecraft consisting of four Atlus and a probe into Earth Orbit, doing it in two stages. First rocket was a minor failure, so damaged. As I'm still on Earth, can I simply Take the damaged rocket out and into my inventory, and swap it with a new Atlus and try again? Or is the damaged rocket 'locked in' until next turn?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do as many assembly/disassembly actions in a single year as you want to. So, perfectly permissible to disassemble the malfunctioning rocket, assemble a new one with a working booster on it, and go for launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt. I went ahead and did just that

Just got back to Earth after my first full run (Medium). Missions were:

Sounding Rocket
Artificial Satellite
Lunar Survey
Venus Lander
Man in Orbit
Phobos Sample Return

I went with the first four missions, as I didn't want to complicate things with astronauts and samples just yet.

I concentrated on Atlus' at first, perfecting them and snagging the first two missions above. Survey Advancement was next on the list, with a subsequent moon survey from Lunar Orbit. Then, I got going on the Saturns, followed by Rendezvous, and blasted off two Saturns and a handful of Atlus', practiced my docking in Earth Orbit, and went off with my remaining Atlus' unimpeded, grabbing the Venus Lander mission by 1966.

I think I did everything right...time to up the ante I think. Hard or Very Hard....hmmm. I'm feeling confident right now, but that could be my downfall of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incremental steps is the best way to learn/play the game I think.

I used a lot of Atlas rockets, and stuck close to home until I needed bigger rockets to further, and ultimately had to figure out Ion thrusters.

Enjoy the game, it is one of the best out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, liking what I see so far very much indeed, which is a relief as I had gone all in with the Outer Limits expansion too. One of those mad impulse purchases! I particularly love that samples from all over our galaxy seem to be just your common or garden potato

Edit: that's a long way to go for a potato...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to read you like the game - it deserves more exposure.

But please, please stop writing the Atlas rockets' name wrong. It hurts my eyes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, I've obviously been brainwashed by a certain Japanese video game designer...oops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt_W wrote:
You can do as many assembly/disassembly actions in a single year as you want to. So, perfectly permissible to disassemble the malfunctioning rocket, assemble a new one with a working booster on it, and go for launch.

I just got finished with my first game and had the exact same question. Thanks for the answer!

I have to admit, this game certainly has a unique feel to it. I had to cut my game a bit short after sending a probe to land on Venus, only to realize that Venus wasn't going to have any part of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember, you can do as many actions as you like on your turn, in any order you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hawkey

Tempe
Arizona
msg tools
So on a turn, I can buy a rocket, and, supplies, do research, and collaborate, then say my turn is over. When it comes back to me I could then maneuver and research, e.g.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Just remember that automatic maneuvers occur at the end of your TURN, not the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hawkey

Tempe
Arizona
msg tools
Automatic manuevers are the exclamation marks? Is there one in earth orbit meaning at the end of your turn you fall back down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not in Earth Orbit; but there is one in Sub-Orbital Flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.