Subject: game store Providence, RI, 80s? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised at the response that I got to this thread I realize folks here can probably help out with this question: does anyone remember a game store in Providence, RI that was there in the early 80s? Can't remember the name or even where but I think it was a the bottom of a hill (as are many things in that town!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Kansiewicz
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I lived there, from the late 80's to the early 90's there were two that I frequented, one in the "mall" downtown, that now belongs to Johnson and Wales, that was The Game Keeper. The one I think was in Mt. Pleasant near the old dollar theater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I took my nephews to see the musical play "Oliver!" in Providence about 10-12 years ago and we went into a game store before the show. I can't remember the name of the store, but I remember looking at a medieval/fantasy game that had eye catching components. The store employee assured me that the game wasn't nearly as good as it looked and tried to steer me toward a highly-interactive card game (lot's of "take that" involved). I wasn't into gaming at the time, so I didn't buy anything. But I probably would have bought the medieval/fantasy game (based on appearance alone) if the employee hadn't discouraged me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.