Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey all. I was excited to see there was a Box of Holding for the new Guildhall Fantasy set. I was inpressed by what AEG had done with the Smash Up Big Geeky Box and was pretty much expecting the same thing or similar. I thought there would be dividers and a slick looking design. What did I get?

This

That's right a big box to hold the three smaller boxes. Plus a white box of air. Wow and to think this only cost $12.00 on the AEG website. $12.00 for a box with a small box. I know there were no cards in it. but seriously. Perhaps this may be my last AEG purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
prrt949 wrote:
Hey all. I was excited to see there was a Box of Holding for the new Guildhall Fantasy set. I was inpressed by what AEG had done with the Smash Up Big Geeky Box and was pretty much expecting the same thing or similar. I thought there would be dividers and a slick looking design. What did I get?

This

That's right a big box to hold the three smaller boxes. Plus a white box of air. Wow and to think this only cost $12.00 on the AEG website. $12.00 for a box with a small box. I know there were no cards in it. but seriously. Perhaps this may be my last AEG purchase.

I was quite happy with the Box of Holding. Each box holds the game, and the white box holds my original Guildhall and Job Faire. It may have helped that I wasn't expecting a box with dividers or anything other than a basic storage device.

Edit: Why did you put the word Box in quotes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I bought it at Origins I had the benefit of the salesman telling me exactly what I was getting for the money. I can see how it would be pretty disappointing if you thought there was more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I thought there would be more to it than this. I'm kinda disappointed too.

Thanks for posting. I now know I won't be bothering with it! You could have just used any old box for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for your disappointment, but thanks for sharing! I held off buying the games because I thought/hoped there might be a "big box" coming down the pike. There still may but odds are it'll be longer. The original boxes aren't that big, I don't need to spend 12 bucks on a medium box to hold three small boxes.
If anything I should get a card case like for Magic or something, or integrate more card games into my Smash Up and Red Dragon Inn boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.