Subject: Dane seeking accomodation in Roseville, MN in October rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the double post in the Northeast-forum, apparently I don't know US geography.

Greetings fellow BGG'ers,

Do you live in or near Roseville, MN, and would you like to meet a genuine Dane, only slightly worn?

I will be attending a work-related course in Tennessee ending the 14th of October this year and have booked a week of vacation afterwards. I was planning on going to Washington DC, then New York before I head home, but then Fantasy Flight Games announced Arkham Night 2016 the 14th - 15th of October. I immediately bought a ticket and cancelled my flight, but as I am looking for hotels the thought strikes me, like a cultist's blade in the back: I should seek private accomodation.

This is my first visit to the United States, and after spending five weeks "alone" in a scientific community this would be the perfect opportunity to meet some "real", "living" (undead not excluded) people and get to know someone new in a foreign country.

I'll be travelling to Roseville the 14th, probably arriving by flight early evening, and will be heading to the Fantasy Flight Games Centre nearby for the evening. I plan to travel on to New York a couple of days later, probably on the 16th or the 17th, and while I will be attending Arkham Night on the 15th as well I would love to spend some time with my host on the 16th. It could also be great to stay with someone attending the event, just for kicks.

Primarily, I want to witness more of this interesting country than simply staying at hotels.

If the above has sparked any interest, please get back to me.

Cheers,
Mikkel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gene velasco
United States
Robbinsdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Mikkel!

I can't personally accommodate you, but I invite you to check out the guild forums of the First Minnesota Historical Wargame Society here on BBG. We are the oldest wargame and boardgame group in Minnesota, playing all kinds of games. I wouldn't be surprised if one of our members might be able to help. Also, we meet regularly on Friday afternoons through the wee hours of the morning at The Source, which is a game store about a 5 minute drive from Fantasy Flight. Check out our website (1stmn.org) for directions. We would be happy to see you then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a geeklist of other things going on around the Twin Cities.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/199117/twins-cities-event...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gene,
URL 1stmn.org doesn't work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1ee2rn wrote:
Gene,
URL 1stmn.org doesn't work?

http://firstmn.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.