Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been loving this series and the puzzle supply causes in each game. I have been having some trouble with the transportation rules since there seems to be a lot of sub rules. Am I correct:

If I'm transporting by Air,
1. I take the number of RE for the unit(s) (so a Battalion would be 1/2 RE)
2. Take the Transport points (lets say 1T) and that is what can be carries (so per #1, 2 Battalions)
3. If the MOVE side of the unit transported is 1-6, than cut it's RE in half (4.7b). So I could now transport 4 Battalions.
4. If I'm fling at half the range (14.9e(c)) than the transport value for the unit is doubled to 2. So now we are at 8 Battalions assuming that all meet the criteria above.
5. An airbase can only unload 2T times the level (so best air base of 3 would be 6T(ransport) or 6SP, or 6RE).
6. If the Air Unit goes inactive it can unload all 8RE.
7. Units can be in Move OR Combat mode. If in Move mode, they can't have more than 10MP (14.9c).
8. Units can move after transport, but at 1/2 or at 1/4 if they moved at a 1/2 prior to transport

Ok, that's a mouth full and it took me some time to get here. This feels like a long post for a simple question:

Is this right?

Thanks in advance guys. There's no one in my game group that plays this and I've been having to teach myself and I just wanted to double check that I'm on the right track.

Damian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work so can't explain in detail, but a big part of your problem can be resolved by understanding that 1SP = 1RE. So a Transport that can carry 2T therefore = 1/2 RE (Battalion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
I'm at work so can't explain in detail, but a big part of your problem can be resolved by understanding that 1SP = 1RE. So a Transport that can carry 2T therefore = 1/2 RE (Battalion).

OK, so 1T would be 1/4 RE, got it. I misunderstood that. Thank you, I'll look more into that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. So a 2T Transport could take a Battalion, or, if 6 MP or less, two Battalions. No Transport big enough in OCS to fly 8 Battalions yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Landing Craft with a 1 is a 1T, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diluzio123 wrote:
A Landing Craft with a 1 is a 1T, correct?

Whole numbers (without T) are SP's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Ok, I'm so glad I asked this question. I think I may be back on track now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so this would be a more accurate statement:

2. Take the Transport points (lets say 1T) and that is what can be carries (so per #1, no Battalions could be transported with this one unit.)
3. If the MOVE side of the unit transported is 1-6, than cut it's RE in half (4.7b). So I could now transport 1 Battalion.
4. If I'm fling at half the range (14.9e(c)) than the transport value for the unit is doubled to 2. So now we are at 2 Battalions assuming that both meet the criteria above.
5. An airbase can only unload 2T times the level (so best air base of 3 would be 6T or 1SP/RE and 2T/RE.)
6. Units can be in Move OR Combat mode. If in Move mode, they can't have more than 10MP (14.9c).
6. Units must be in Move mode (5.6a) and have Leg movement of 10 or less (14.9C).
7. Units can move after transport, but at 1/2 or at 1/4 if they moved at a 1/2 prior to transport.

You have no idea how long I struggled over this. I think the T was throwing me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: this is responding to your original post not the amended version which went up as I was typing this.

Tracey has already pointed you to the main issue, but I thought a point by point response might help anyway.

diluzio123 wrote:

Yes (subject to point 3).

Quote:
2. Take the Transport points (lets say 1T) and that is what can be carries ...

Yes

Quote:
... (so per #1, 2 Battalions)

No. As Tracey has pointed out, 1T = 1/4 RE. 2 battalions = 1 RE (subject to point 3).

Quote:
3. If the MOVE side of the unit transported is 1-6, than cut it's RE in half (4.7b).

Yes, but only if the move mode movement allowance is leg movement.

Quote:
... So I could now transport 4 Battalions.

No. A battalion with move mode leg movement of 1-6 is 1/4 RE, which = 1T.

Quote:
4. If I'm fling at half the range (14.9e(c)) than the transport value for the unit is doubled to 2.

Yes. It is doubled to 2T.

Quote:
... So now we are at 8 Battalions assuming that all meet the criteria above.

No. For the same reasons as above, we are now at 2 battalions (1/2 RE each; halved to 1/4 RE each = total of 1/2 RE for 2 battaltions = 2T; transport's capacity is doubled from 1T to 2T; so that works.

Quote:
5. An airbase can only unload 2T times the level (so best air base of 3 would be 6T(ransport) or 6SP, or 6RE).

Yes. But 6T = 1.5 RE or 1.5 SP.

Quote:
6. If the Air Unit goes inactive it can unload all 8RE.

Yes. It can unload all of its cargo.

Quote:
7. Units can be in Move OR Combat mode.

No. Units being transported (by air or by rail or sea) must be in Move Mode. See 5.6a.

Quote:
If in Move mode, they can't have more than 10MP (14.9c).

No. 14.9c tells you that the only units which can be air transported are units which have leg movement on their move mode side, and only those who have a move mode movement allowance of 10 or less.

Units with truck movement or tracked movement in move mode cannot be transported by air at all. Nor can units with 11 or more MPs in move mode (even if leg). No tanks. No trucks. No cavalry.

Quote:
8. Units can move after transport, but at 1/2 or at 1/4 if they moved at a 1/2 prior to transport

Only after air transport (not after sea or rail transport). The rule is not as restrictive as this: the unit can move a total of half its MA during the same phase it is air transported. The movement can happen before or after it flies, or some before and some after. The only restriction is the total MPs spent must be no more than half its move mode MA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Malcolm. I think I have most of it now. My main issue appears to be misinterpreting the T and I missed rule 5.6a in my thought process.

Thank you guys for the help again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.