$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 104.23

6,536 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: How do I set up a trade request??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone either tell me (in 'stupid' terms) or point me in the right direction for how to do a "trade request"? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guide_to_Trading

is that what your looking for?

if you go to my page (by clicking on my user name)
you will see over on the right side under collection summery a few sections there is one labled trades
you should be able to click "propose a trade with this user" and that should give you a page I think your looking for
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
while learning the game...play to learn...winning can come later after much playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
rather than make an "official" trade proposal, it is a common
procedure to send a Geek Mail listing your trade proposal &
once both sides have come to an agreement to make it "official".
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mplatov1812 wrote:
rather than make an "official" trade proposal, it is a common
procedure to send a Geek Mail listing your trade proposal &
once both sides have come to an agreement to make it "official".


That's what I've been doing. We agree on what we're trading, I though we'd just meet in person at this point, but he mentioned something about setting up a "trade" (presumably on BGG). Sure wish I was more tech savvy than I already aren't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
pacman88k wrote:
mplatov1812 wrote:
rather than make an "official" trade proposal, it is a common
procedure to send a Geek Mail listing your trade proposal &
once both sides have come to an agreement to make it "official".


That's what I've been doing. We agree on what we're trading, I though we'd just meet in person at this point, but he mentioned something about setting up a "trade" (presumably on BGG). Sure wish I was more tech savvy than I already aren't.


Navigate to their account - Press 'propose a trade with this user'.

This way BGG knows about the trade so if something goes wrong the Community Manager, can help mediate and solve the problem. It also means that scammers are quickly identified and banned.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guide_to_Trading

is that what your looking for?

if you go to my page (by clicking on my user name)
you will see over on the right side under collection summery a few sections there is one labled trades
you should be able to click "propose a trade with this user" and that should give you a page I think your looking for


This worked for me, thanks!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.