Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Questions - One about movement, and one about Prescience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Spleen
msg tools
Movement - From the rules:

The Move action allows 1 troop to move.
It is not mandatory to move all the units of the troop; the player can leave some of them on his way. Furthermore, the player can gather units from spaces on his way, as long as he doesn’t exceed the movement capacity.

So it's clear to me that when you start your movement, you can move a partial troop, let's say you move 4 of 5 units and a Scarab. I have two movement points left. When I move again, can I split the unit again? Leaving 1 unit and taking the other three and the scorpion.

Basically, can I move a unit while dropping troops off as I go?

Prescience - From the rules:

Prescience
In Battle, your opponent must show you his battle card before you play yours.

Also from the rules:

At the beginning of a battle, the attacker and the defender
should each choose 2 Battle cards:
• The first card is immediately discarded, face up or down.
• The second card is played in the battle.

So does my opponent show me his card before I pick my two that I play or discard, or do they show me their card before I make any card choices at all? My thought was before I make ANY choices, but I know there have been a few questions about this card so I wanted to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziga Zupanek
Slovenia
Domžale
flag msg tools
joespleen wrote:
So it's clear to me that when you start your movement, you can move a partial troop, let's say you move 4 of 5 units and a Scarab. I have two movement points left. When I move again, can I split the unit again? Leaving 1 unit and taking the other three and the scorpion.

You can. But this will make your troop weaker and much more tempting target. Not to mention 1 unit troops, which you're leaving behind.
You can also leave behind one unit with a creature and still use creature's movement points for moving your main troop.

One of the threads on this subject: Leaving creature while moving -> movement bonus applies?

joespleen wrote:
So does my opponent show me his card before I pick my two that I play or discard, or do they show me their card before I make any card choices at all? My thought was before I make ANY choices, but I know there have been a few questions about this card so I wanted to be sure.

Opponent discards one of his cards.
Opponent chooses and shows you (plays) his "battle" card.
You discard one of your cards.
You chooose and play your "battle" card.

Official ruling: Prescience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Yes, absolutely.

Quote:

First your opponent shows you the card he is about to play. Then you select which card you discard and which card you will play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Spleen
msg tools
Many thanks to both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.