Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurizio Bignoli
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone.
I have not found a similar question in the forum, so I try to formulate it:
can I dock/undock two ships ON a planet (Moon, Mars, Venus, etc.) ? Logically, I think not ....

Thank you
Maurizio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Yep. You can dock and undock at any location other than Earth surface or suborbital. Each time you dock/undock you must make a rendezvous check.

You can use this to send supplies to astronauts on other planets/moons.

It's also a handy way of reducing mass on a sample return mission. Just collect the sample with a landed probe, undock the sample and return rocket from the probe, then fire the rocket, expending it and sending the sample into orbit. The sample can then dock with some orbiting rockets for the return to Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ascent stage of the Lunar Module "undocks" from the Descent Stage as it fires and returns to lunar orbit. very much a Rendezvous action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Bignoli
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oops surprise, I thought that it could not do ..... But you're right, in your example for sample retun mission ....

Thank you Scott

Maurizio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.