Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Our sub's been cruising urgently for a good while, under heavy strain. The Captain calls "East!" The Engineer dutifully crosses off the last remaining bubble in the East panel -- but it's also the last nuke bubble. Does the ship suffer two damage (one from filling every bubble in the East panel, plus one from filling in every nuke bubble), or just one?

(Yes, this actually happened the other night.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would score that as one damage and wipe the Eng board. Then I would fire my engineer for not recommending surfacing, or saying, "Captain, don't go east!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kuehl
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I sort of agree with fastattaq. However, I wouldn't erase the whole board.

I'd erase one of the two possible options (either the entire directional column, or all the reactor symbols). Then, I'd deal the sub one damage for filling up the section (or reactor symbols) and erasing it.

I could also see ruling it as erasing both all of the reactor symbols and the entire column and dealing the sub two damage.

It all depends on how harsh you want to be. However, the first ruling seems harsh enough to me, since you still have a bunch of symbols in one area that are threatening damage and will have to surface soon anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tjkuehl wrote:
However, I wouldn't erase the whole board.

Why wouldn't you erase the whole board? The rules say to erase the board.

"when all radiation symbols have been crossed out, the submarine suffers 1 damage. The Engineer announces "DAMAGE," then erases ALL breakdowns on the submarine."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd do both and take 2 damage in the absence of a rule saying otherwise. There's no clash between the 2 conditions, both can be true at once and both have consequences that can be performed.

So ultimately 2 damage and clear the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Matt
United States
California
flag msg tools
I think you should take 2 damages and wipe out all the symbols. Also. fire either your captain or engineer plz LOLsnoresnore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.