Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Taken from the official Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/cosmicencounter/photos/a.1868843746...:

Quote:
Those lovely stackable ships that Fantasy Flight Games made have a cool game function too. You can stack them when you play the Crusher. Just one of 30 new aliens to be included in #CosmicEons, the 6th expansion set from #FantasyFlightGames. #CosmicEncounter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Red Hook
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could have done with one fewer "Use ships of an unused color" alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a dozen or so more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SpaghettiToastBook
msg tools
mbmbmb
This alien looks really fun. I could definitely do without the part about releasing the crushed ships, though. It's not thematic and the text is stuffed.

I think this could be done without an extra set of ships by using pieces similar to ship markers.

Would I be correct to assume that the alien sheets on Facebook aren't the final versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like it, though it seems to have potential for reducing a player to less than 5 ships (in effect) and having no chance to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Kolbe
msg tools
I'd like to see many more!

Though admittedly I never got over the fact that the expansions stopped including new player colors I know this is an unpopular opinion but I would gladly sacrifice the 5-10 worst aliens of each expansion for a new color on each. Pink! Gray! Brown! Turquoise! Gold! guhh

SpaghettiToastBook wrote:
Would I be correct to assume that the alien sheets on Facebook aren't the final versions?

Let's hope so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lesser Gatsby
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaghettiToastBook wrote:
I think this could be done without an extra set of ships by using pieces similar to ship markers.

You could probably use the piece toppers that came in the cosmic dominion expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.