Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I was hoping GW might be planning new models for the exalted flamer and herald of Tzeentch, but I'm not sure how much longer I can wait to add these characters to my games. I might just have to go ahead and bite the bullet by purchasing a burning chariot kit.

I've had a good look at the assembled pictures and sprues, but I was hoping someone who had already tweaked the kit for Silver Tower would be able to fill in some gaps in my knowledge.

As I understand it, the kit includes two screamers, one herald, and one exalted flamer. However, I am assuming the kit does not include bases for building them separately. That being the case:

Q1. What bases are included in the kit?
Q2. What bases do I need?
Q2a. The exalted flamer needs an oval base, should that be 60x35?
Q2b. The screamers need clear flying bases, but what size do screamers normally mount on (I would like to match up with any more I might buy)?
Q2c. And what is the best size of base for the herald?

Also, it's hard to make out how much conversion work is necessary. For example, it looks like the screamer tails are part of the chariot's scenic mount. So:

Q3. Do you need to clip off and resculpt the screamer tails?
Q4. Are there some other useful bits and bobs? Looks like the kit might have at least 3 blue horrors?
Q5. Is this too many questions for one thread?

Any information appreciated, because I would like to make sure I have everything I need.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It does include bases for building them separately.

The instructions have you build them individually and then give further instructions for assembling the chariot. There multiple different ways to build the Herald, and multiple ways to affix the Herald (or exalted) to the Chariot if you were going to do so.

Yes, there are three Blue Horrors as well. I didn't have to do anything special at all.

-edit-

Whoops. Yes, the Screamers need bases. They could be 28mm, and you could probably right X-Wing posts to fit them onto a normal black base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the bases I used... which came in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
And if I remember correctly - the screamer tails are integrated into the chariot, so to make them as separate beasties, you'll need some modeling savvy and some greenstuff to make them look ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
And if I remember correctly - the screamer tails are integrated into the chariot, so to make them as separate beasties, you'll need some modeling savvy and some greenstuff to make them look ok.

Yeah, I said in my OP about that. Was kinda hoping they might have included normal tails for people who didn't want to attach them to the chariot. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I wish had all the parts around. I actually bought the Screamer kit before I learned about the Chariot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
mattprice wrote:

Yeah, I said in my OP about that. Was kinda hoping they might have included normal tails for people who didn't want to attach them to the chariot. Oh well.

Yup. Sorry I wasn't clear. They don't include extra non-chariot tails!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
eekamouse wrote:
Hmm I wish had all the parts around. I actually bought the Screamer kit before I learned about the Chariot.

So did I - but I love that creature so much, I don't mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
mattprice wrote:

Yup. Sorry I wasn't clear. They don't include extra non-chariot tails!

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to get the green stuff out. Can you confirm what size flying base screamers normally go on? I want to use the clear ones that come in the screamer kit, if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
mattprice wrote:

They are kind of integrated bad that is not much a of a problem. In fact I like them more the way they come in the box.

These are my two screamers out of the burning chariot kit:

I had to put some extra weight into the bases though, so they won't tip over. This is why I put a 40 mm base under the 32 mmm base. This simply gives you more space to add weight.

And this is everything I built from the kit:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I like the Herald on the disc!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Norb wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
mattprice wrote:

They are kind of integrated bad that is not much a of a problem. In fact I like them more the way they come in the box.

These are my two screamers out of the burning chariot kit:

I had to put some extra weight into the bases though, so they won't tip over. This is why I put a 40 mm base under the 32 mmm base. This simply gives you more space to add weight.

And this is everything I built from the kit:

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Seeing everything assembled makes that one chariot kit look like really good value. I really like having the herald still on the magic disc, that looks cool.

I sometime weight bases by gluing small nuts or washers underneath, but I think these screamers would also work quite well with oval bases. I still think I would end up modelling the tails and putting them on flying bases though, because my brain is a funny place and couldn't handle it if I bought some more screamers and they didn't match.

The biggest issue with all of these is being a PITA because of how much they overhang into adjacent board spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.