$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.3% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Orléans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phase 3 - Space in Marketplace and allowed number of people to draw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G. L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I have a question on the number of places for people you have at your market place. According to the rules you may draw as many people out of your bag as your progress on the knight lane allows you to. This is limited by the number of free spaces you have at your market place. Here are some examples that are allowed in my opinion:

a) Progress on Knight Lane: 5, Occupied Spaces in Marketplace: 4
a1) ==> it is allowed to draw 4 people out of the bag and put them to your market place

b) Progress on Knight Lane: 6, Occupied Spaces in Marketplace: 1
b1) ==> it is allowed to draw 6 people out of the bag and put them to your market place

Some people say, that it is not allowed to occupy more space at your Marketplace than the number of people you are allowed to draw according to the progress on the Knight Lane.

according to the given examples this will result in:

a2) ==> it is allowed to draw only 1 people
b2) ==> it is allowed to draw only 5 people

If my interpretation of the rules is correct, then a1) and b1) would be the right number of people to be drawn out of the bag.

What do you think? Is my interpretation the intention of the author?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xgerald wrote:
I have a question on the number of places for people you have at your market place. According to the rules you may draw as many people out of your bag as your progress on the knight lane allows you to. This is limited by the number of free spaces you have at your market place. Here are some examples that are allowed in my opinion:

a) Progress on Knight Lane: 5, Occupied Spaces in Marketplace: 4
a1) ==> it is allowed to draw 4 people out of the bag and put them to your market place

b) Progress on Knight Lane: 6, Occupied Spaces in Marketplace: 1
b1) ==> it is allowed to draw 6 people out of the bag and put them to your market place

Some people say, that it is not allowed to occupy more space at your Marketplace than the number of people you are allowed to draw according to the progress on the Knight Lane.

according to the given examples this will result in:

a2) ==> it is allowed to draw only 1 people
b2) ==> it is allowed to draw only 5 people

If my interpretation of the rules is correct, then a1) and b1) would be the right number of people to be drawn out of the bag.

What do you think? Is my interpretation the intention of the author?

Your interpretation is correct. The number to draw is the lower of:
a) 4 + progress on Knight track
b) free spaces in market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nándor Gáspár
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct answer is definiately a1 and b1.
Since you are allowed to store people on the market, it doesn't make any sense to limit your next draw with them (unless you run out of space in the market)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Holt
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Knight Track dictates how many you can draw on a given turn, while the available space in the Market dictates how many you can prepare for assignment in total.
Your interpretation is correct. This allows the Market to be a "holding tank" in case you don't want to commit to a specific building when you don't have all the right workers...or a place for them to hide from the Plague!
Of course, a full Market means that you have less space to work with next turn. From the rules: "You may not draw more tiles than you can fit in your Market."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you all for your sharing your opinion on this topic. Now I know how to play it next time :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.