Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Has your group encountered any bugs with the app yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, I was going through a scenario and I was inspecting different tokens in the room to decide which actions I should take. However, once I clicked on one of the tokens, there were no cancel option, instead the only option was one which required an action.

Now according to the rules on page 7, it says "an investigator may tap any token in the app to inspect it. Doing so does not require an action, and an investigator can inspect a token even if the token is not in his space."

It really screwed up the round. How would you guys play around it and is there any other bugs that you have found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Mccrotch
msg tools
Taking elsewhere on the screen would not cancel it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't get out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Straddllw wrote:
Couldn't get out of it.

App version? If it's 1.04 or later, you should submit a bug report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No bugs yet after playing all scenarios once (the first twice), even when the app was officially buggy. Think we're playing a five player game of it tonight, so it'll probably choose today to bug out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I encounter a bug quite regularly where, after I chose the investigators and enter the item screen, sometimes it freezes and clicking on "continue" does nothing.

Another bug appears where after the narrations before the scenario, the screen freezes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jophan wrote:
Straddllw wrote:
Couldn't get out of it.

App version? If it's 1.04 or later, you should submit a bug report.

Yep iPad version 1.0.4(266)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In the Rising Tide scenario after solving the puzzle box, then clicking on Marsh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
Once a mythos phase text came up goofy, looked like some sort of code fragment.

We just were grateful for a reprieve and played on.

Nothing else weird has happened before or after that single event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No bugs at all so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnathan Gopen
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I've had two issues.

#1: Text box tells me to place a room and a wall token to cover a door. The wall token in question was displayed behind the text box, and we could only see it briefly after hitting "continue."

#2: There was an investigate token that never had an "Action" symbol on any of the options... But one option DEFINITELY had you do something, and gave you an item for doing it... So it should have probably had the "Action" symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Fluck
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't use the app at all. I've gotten it to launch successfully twice out of about 30 attempts at launching it on my TF300T tablet. Mostly it either freezes on the FFG logo forever, or just crashes completely from the FFG logo.

Pretty shitty experience being unable to play my $100 board game because of a crappy, buggy app. Granted, I guess I could play on my phone (assuming it doesn't crash there, too) but that seems like it would be a vastly inferior experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it on phones, tablets and my laptop and personally don't mind which I play on. None of them impacted the experience more than any other platform.

I do know this. If I tried to run it on my tablet and it had crashed, even if I had an aversion to running it on a phone (which I don't), I'd absolutely download and try it on my phone pretty sharpish. It's a $100 board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a kindle fire to play but the sound keeps muting after a few minutes of play. It doesn't stop me using it but I'd really rather have the cool sounds in the background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Galaxy Note 4 and every time my phone makes a sound outside of the app (receive a message/email, low battery warning etc) I lose all sound in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.