Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Mauri
Switzerland
Gentilino
Ticino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have started playing SoB over the last month and as a result have been searching frequently through the forum for rules clarifications. Sometimes I found comments reflecting changes to the cards and mention of a future release of an official errata by FFP.

Has this been finally released (seems quite overdue at this point in time)? If not is there a consolidated an maintained overview of the official statements somewhere?

thanks a lot for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in the same position as you. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Fantasy Flight, but Frog's online presence and support seems very shallow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
What are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
I'm in the same position as you. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Fantasy Flight, but Frog's online presence and support seems very shallow.

In my opinion, they are one of the worst companies at communication. You have to rely on the community for answers. They act like a simple Kickstarter update communication that someone could write and post in 10 minutes would be a second-writing of Gone with the Wind. I get the feeling that everything in the company has to be Hill-approved, otherwise it doesn't get said or produced. Other companies are able to multi-task but these guys seem unable or unwilling to delegate design and communication.

Again, this is just an opinion based on nothing but a feeling from following Brimstone for the last few years. But whatever works for them and keeps the product coming.

I'm less-likely to back another of their games games on Kickstarter, however. I like being kept informed more than we've been with the Kickstarter. That being said, I am looking forward to the Japanese-themed version mentioned at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as I know the only "official" errata from game authors is

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22122510#22122510

Plus Jason sometimes provided answers in other forum threads, but quite rarely and it seems that FFP are not going to publish any errata at all. Taking into consideration that they don't have even SoB page on their web-site it is it a big surprise. As mentioned above - FFP are terrible in communications and unfortunately believe that this is the only possible approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
They've never been ones to use social media for their games. I can understand since its a huge time sink when you are busy. But FAQ support and answering rule questions is kind of important.

I was hoping after SoB gets completed they would have more time to work on a FAQ and answering rules questions but with the new set hitting KS soon that probably won't happen sadly.

A Social Media Director is a big expense so most small companies can't afford one. And Social Media is a horror these days with so many to keep up with! New ones spring up every day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
What are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple Kickstarter communications wouldn't require a special position.

They are able to work on their web site to add products and set up special sales, so you would think someone would be able to create a page for the game and post simple things, like errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
They've never been ones to use social media for their games. I can understand since its a huge time sink when you are busy. But FAQ support and answering rule questions is kind of important.

I was hoping after SoB gets completed they would have more time to work on a FAQ and answering rules questions but with the new set hitting KS soon that probably won't happen sadly.

They used to answer questions a lot during the kickstarter so we might be able to get a decent supply of official answers out of them during the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Bobby4th wrote:
Simple Kickstarter communications wouldn't require a special position.

They are able to work on their web site to add products and set up special sales, so you would think someone would be able to create a page for the game and post simple things, like errata.

Yep, the thing is, the store is really the only functioning (and updated) part of their site. And if they're looking for suggestions--please nix the gray font on black background. It borders on unreadable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also you have to think right now we are in full swing of Convention Season. I know they a
re planning on creating an Errata soon, as well as an updated FAQ, however I think they are trying to get the rest of the product out the door and into players hands before they release things like that. It makes sense as in play testing things can slip through the cracks. (IE: gunslinger & trusty pistol.) IT is inevitable, that some things will bleed through, but sometimes it just takes that one person to break the system, and abuse it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Asurin
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that they are in crunch mode finishing off the Kickstarter I can't see them being able to release a FAQ till that is done. Hopefully they'll release one in the first half of next year.
There are some FAQ's with many of the expansions that cover a few things.

TLDR: Yes it's overdue, it isn't the most important thing they need to finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
asurin wrote:
Given that they are in crunch mode finishing off the Kickstarter I can't see them being able to release a FAQ till that is done. Hopefully they'll release one in the first half of next year.

I can't agree with it. There will be always something that seems more important then preparation of FAQ and Errata. But the support of the people who already bought your product should be the higherst priority rather than preparation of extnensions or new kickstarter.
That is the most often mistake than non-mature companies are doing, that really hase very negative impact on their future success.

I would agree to receive my Wave 2 one week later if I will receive official and good Errata and FAQ for the core boxes that were delivered mostly 2 years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
asurin wrote:

I can't agree with it. There will be always something that seems more important then preparation of FAQ and Errata. But the support of the people who already bought your product should be the higherst priority rather than preparation of extnensions or new kickstarter.
That is the most often mistake than non-mature companies are doing, that really hase very negative impact on their future success.

I would agree to receive my Wave 2 one week later if I will receive official and good Errata and FAQ for the core boxes that were delivered mostly 2 years ago.

Uh, exactly?
If they allocated staff to an FAQ/errata, then that would be staff not working on finishing the ks material that hasn't been delivered to backers yet.
Gotta fulfill their original kickstarter before going back to fix minor errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
What are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
Uh, exactly?
If they allocated staff to an FAQ/errata, then that would be staff not working on finishing the ks material that hasn't been delivered to backers yet.

I think he meant the new Kickstarter announced at GenCon using a Japanese theme. It won't go up until next year, IIRC, but they had samples.

How hard is it to write a simple errata listing errors and/or changes? They listed some in materials from 1.5 -- why not just post that to start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
Cooperton wrote:
Uh, exactly?

I think he meant the new Kickstarter announced at GenCon using a Japanese theme. It won't go up until next year, IIRC, but they had samples.

How hard is it to write a simple errata listing errors and/or changes? They listed some in materials from 1.5 -- why not just post that to start?

My understanding is that the only people working on fofo are artists and sculptors.
Eg: people who don't work on rules stuff.

If they did an errata now, theyd most likely have to do another one next year once everything is finished.
I'd personally rather have one large errata than 2-3 smaller ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.