Hide
6 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Free turn or not in a 2 player game??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Kruppe
msg tools
In a two player game my starting runner is always on the left side. If he finishes the final obstacle to finish a scene in the crossfire mission, the rules say to start with the runner to the left of my starting runner to buy first in the black market and then that same runner starts first. Is that a free turn or do i draw a crossfire event take one turn and than draw another crossfire event when my starting runner takes his turn? I am not quite sure how to play this. Or in a two player game do i always start a round with my starting runner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lastname
msg tools
Ending a scene lets you bury the current Crossfire card, but you don't reveal a new one until the beginning of the next round. Rounds always start with the starting runner. So yes, your second runner would get a turn with no Crossfire card in play.

Of course, there would be new obstacles in play from the new scene that just started, so I don't know if I'd call it a free turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're confusing your left and the character's left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
In a two player game if the obstacle is defeated on the starting runners turn you shop, heal, other player shops, new obstacles are delt out and the 2nd player takes their turn. Now it's back to the fist runner and a new crossfire card is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Kruppe
msg tools
Thank you. Free turn was a poor choice of words. I do love this game, and want to play it correctly. I really believe the difficulty prevents me from just going through the motions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Kruppe
msg tools
Thank you for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.