GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 79.34

5,340 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. The Royal Swimming Pool states about a location, "Discard the Goods spent to activate it." Since Temple of Ra takes no Goods to activate, has there ever been official confirmation that you can use Royal Swimming Pool on it? I suppose it makes sense, but it seems like odd wording instead of saying "Discard any Goods spent to activate it" like other card(s). If so, I'm assuming in this case, you take the worker off the Temple of Ra, then put it back on.

2. I wanted to make sure I'm not missing a rule. You can build duplicate buildings, correct? (2 Masons, 2 Citadels, etc.) Some similar games have limits on duplicate cards, and it feels a bit cheesy to stack up the same building in the same empire.

3. There isn't any clue about card counts in the common deck, is there? It would be really nice since stuff like the Monument only has 1 copy, and new players don't know this. Other cards have many copies. In contrast, the Faction decks call out the count on every card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Goods includes resources, cards, VP tokens and workers (see rules page 3).

2. You can build duplicates.

3. Imperial Settlers - Full card listing with all FAQ and errata info has a full listing of cards, but the common cards themselves give no indication of how many of each there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
1. Goods includes resources, cards, VP tokens and workers (see rules page 3).

2. You can build duplicates.

3. Imperial Settlers - Full card listing with all FAQ and errata info has a full listing of cards, but the common cards themselves give no indication of how many of each there is.

Thanks, but the Temple of Ra takes neither resources, cards, VP tokens, nor workers to activate. So saying "Discard the goods" instead of "Discard any goods" still threw me off. I'm probably just overthinking, since everyone seems to accept Temple of Ra as compatible with the Royal Swimming Pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
Whenever you use action location with no good cost like Temple of Ra or Desert (discard a card), you put a worker from a general pool on this card just to mark that it was used this round.

Using Swimming Pool may remove this meeple and say to all players that you may use it again. Otherwise, somebody would forget if that location was used this turn or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.