Subject: Horned rat expansion out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alvin
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
I can't find the expansion to this wonderful game in stock any where. Anyone have an idea if a reprint will come?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Patena
msg tools
According the the FFG site its awaiting reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so did MoM 1st edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the uncertainty around any reprint of Games Workshop IP related products, who knows if it will be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Well, that's a real shame. I love everything about that set. The Horned Rat is surprisingly fun & balanced. The new cards everyone gets are really intriguing, and all of the upgrades actually matter (unlike base game where some absolutely never get used and Cultist is always first). I don't really think there's any flaw whatsoever to the Horned Rat set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
I like hearing "reasonable trade", almost always means about triple msrp lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
Well, that's a real shame. I love everything about that set. The Horned Rat is surprisingly fun & balanced. The new cards everyone gets are really intriguing, and all of the upgrades actually matter (unlike base game where some absolutely never get used and Cultist is always first). I don't really think there's any flaw whatsoever to the Horned Rat set.

Agreed on that point - I switched to the new set of upgrade cards and never looked back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think we will be seing a reprint now unfortunately. This news just today...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
Though the article did say this

"
All upcoming products for these product lines have already been announced—there will be no new announcements of additional Games Workshop-licensed products. All announced, currently unreleased products will be released before the conclusion of the business relationship between Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop.

"

And since it was already announced for a reprint, hopefully they'll go through with it? Not getting my expectations too high though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Where was Horned Rat reprint announced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
Listed here as awaiting reprint: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Read on another forum though that only games at "at the print" status will be printed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as I said. MoM 1st editions and its expansions had a reprint scheduled for more than 1 year. Now, 2nd edition was announced and the games vanished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
as I said. MoM 1st editions and its expansions had a reprint scheduled for more than 1 year. Now, 2nd edition was announced and the games vanished.

This. Horned Rat was listed as reprint back in January. Still hasn't gone to printer and it has been 9 months. They are losing the IP and wont be able to sell in 5 months. I don't think we will see a reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua K.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just want to say Horned rat is really NOT worth it. Chaos in Old World is optimally played as a 4 player game. Adding another player all but ruins the delicate checks and balances of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you don't like the fifth player, a LOT of people like the alternate cards. I wouldn't pay crazy amounts if I didn't have it already, but for its retail price it's a good package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Even if you don't like the fifth player, a LOT of people like the alternate cards. I wouldn't pay crazy amounts if I didn't have it already, but for its retail price it's a good package.

Seconding this point - the new cards open more viable avenues for victory for some gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
culix _
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
Don't think we will be seing a reprint now unfortunately. This news just today...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...

Hey, thanks for posting this. Didn't realize I'm suddenly sitting on a collector's item. Sad to see no more games in the 40k universe; very glad I have my copy of CitOW now.

I wonder if GW will announce partnership with new, different game publisher once this deadline passes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.