Subject: Winning outside round 1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
At the time of this writing, I have 11 games under my belt. It appears that if I win, I do so on round 2 (after reshuffling once, adding a single annihilate).

I never won on round 1 (though it definitely is possible given a nice random seed). I have never won after round two, when it's mostly discarding cards and saving maybe one or two lucky cards.

While I believe that it is technically possible, I am still curious: Anybody ever win outside round 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
Westmont
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Achim, are you winning by both conditions? With the Up, Up, Down, Charm, Anti-Charm as well as the RGB Color/Anti-color confinement? If so, you are very good as it's taken me much longer to eek out my rare win. I'll ping Mike Mullins though because he has more games under his belt than anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, it's "just" 3 wins (out of 11 games), but I am sure I got the confinement and composition right these times. I *might* have missed an annihilation of free anti-particles; not sure though. That rule slipped my mind the first few plays.

Maybe it was a lucky shuffle. Maybe, for this game, it finally pays of being a physicist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
Westmont
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Haha, thanks. 3/11 makes more sense. Mike should jump in though.

Also, here's a clearer rule for Annihilation. I cleaned it up in the rules doc.

Annihilate
When an annihilate card is revealed during the beam phase, a free quark card must be annihilated and removed from the game before continuing with the Collider phases. The annihilate card is discarded.

Basic game: if there are no free quarks scattered it at the detector, ignore the Annihilate.
Advanced: quarks in the Beam are free quarks, potential targets for Annihilate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jtagmire wrote:

Advanced: quarks in the Beam are free quarks, potential targets for Annihilate.

Alright, that means I was playing Advanced mode. Which would explain why it seemed unfeasible to me to win in round 3. Usually, by then, cards would only go to the Scatter area, because Annihilate and another quark would be taken out of the beam and the remaining one card would be scattered.

jtagmire wrote:

Basic game: if there are no free quarks scattered or at the detector, ignore the Annihilate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.